Snail pace

Options
How come it's so quick and easy to put on weight but to loose it takes so loooong and slow.
I could murder a Big Mac craving#noooo!

Replies

• lavender51
    lavender51 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I understand completely :) So easy to put weight on.

I found when I first started eating healthily and cutting out the processed and sugary foods that I began craving them so much.

However as each day went by that I resisted the cravings then it became easier and eventually I stopped craving all together.

Eventually the idea of eating that kind of food would disgust me!

Keep going and good luck!

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Because there's only so much calorie deficit you can achieve in a day, but the surplus you can add in a day is very great.
  • kbz916
    kbz916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel you Connie! I don't crave burgers or fast food but I do have other cravings and only down 4lb after a month. Seems like it's going to take forever!!
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not to be an enabler but have you heard of the Mac Jr? 1patty, 1bun. Less calories ;)
  • srosenthal1225
    srosenthal1225 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same today. I have lost 30 on my way to 107 lost..I looked at the projected time to meet this goal and I feel so defeated. I am not quitting this journey at all but sometimes I don't feel positive, I just feel really angry at myself for getting so fat to begin with. I don't see a difference in my body ( altho other people apparently do) my blood tests and blood pressure are all looking good but the mountain that I have to climb in front of me still just looms large
  • tammylotz9
    tammylotz9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make a big mac salad when craving a big mac! Make your own secret sauce eith sugar free ketchup and mayo. Use dill relish in it also. I put pickles in my salad and it tastes a lot like a big mac... Works for me! I am looking for friends here on fitness pal.. Friend me if you like. I would love to share the journey with you. I have lost 34 pounds and have 40 more to go.
  • Camposmith
    Camposmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm in Scotland we don't have a Big Mac jnr! No way I hope that comes here eventually lol

Yup it's a long slog and really annoyed at myself for letting the weight slip up and up as it's all the harder to slide off as I sit with my mango and strawberry tea wishing it was a creamy latte lol