Fitbit aria scales

Options
Anyone else have issues with inconsistency?! They're driving me mad. Never know when to trust them... I often get a wild loss or gain of +/- 2-3 kg which is not real.

I don't move them. they're on a hard, flat surface. Have tried taking batteries out and reinserting. I weigh daily at the same time (some people will disagree with daily weighing... but it's what I do). There can even be 1-2 kg difference when weighing a few minutes apart.

Can any one help?!

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    Flip scale. Take batteries out. Inspect four legs. make sure all four legs can wiggle freely, are clean, are uniform, don't have hair or dirt trapped. Make sure scale is on a hard unyielding surface. Insert batteries. Run through scale calibration. run second weight in. by third weight in scale should be stable.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Is this a new thing? My scales went a little haywire just before they died. My body fat dropped 10% overnight then they stopped doing bf%.
  • Haniejane89
    Haniejane89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They've always been a bit haywire... but they do seem worse recently. But they're only a month old
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Never had trouble with mine after initial setup. Have you contacted FitBit? They have great customer service.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    scales that measure bf% are bogus anyway...better off just getting dial scale for weight if you are that interested in being accurate.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have an aria and its been extremely accurate, The only thing I do notice is you cannot weight yourself twice, get off and back on as that will cause a discrepancy. As someone else mentioned fitbit has an amazing customer service. I recently upgraded from their zip to a charge 2 and thought about apple as I have several of their products too, apple isn't so helpful after warranty but fitbit is always happy to talk to you and assist. That is what sold me. Now I sound like an ad for them..I am not, just a happy customer.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    all scales have variation, but it is more likely your body. +- 1-2% of your body weight is probably typical day to day fluctuation for most people due to water weight differences. Any change you make - exercise changes, carb increases/decreases, sodium intake, etc. will change your body weight. My super bowl weekend caused my scale to go up 9 lbs on Monday! Back to normal today.

This is why weighing often and trending weight is so important.
  • Haniejane89
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    scales that measure bf% are bogus anyway...better off just getting dial scale for weight if you are that interested in being accurate.

Not really interested in the bf%. Just wanted it for its syncing.... I know it's silly when I could just input the data myself... but I like a gadget! But when a scale is that expensive I do kinda expect it to have some accuracy with weight.

• Haniejane89
    Options
    GauchoMark wrote: »
    all scales have variation, but it is more likely your body. +- 1-2% of your body weight is probably typical day to day fluctuation for most people due to water weight differences. Any change you make - exercise changes, carb increases/decreases, sodium intake, etc. will change your body weight. My super bowl weekend caused my scale to go up 9 lbs on Monday! Back to normal today.

This is why weighing often and trending weight is so important.

I appreciate that.. and I've been tracking my weight daily for a long time. I know there are times in the month that I usually gain. I know that there are foods that lead to me bloating and retaining fluid, and know the changes I'm seeing on this scale at the moment are not down to my body, but the scale.... also I have a standard scale to which I can compare the weigh I'm seeing.

Anyway I will removed the batteries and recalibrate as someone suggested above and see if that fixes my problems.