100lbs to lose, looking for support friends here :)

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm new to My fitness pal (just downloaded it tonight) and am looking to connect with other like minded people on here for support and mentorship.

I am 25 years old and have ideally 100lbs to lose. Despite being over weight I am fairly active (skate in the winter and rugby in the summer) but I have the hardest time with diet and balancing it all.

Feel free to add me if you're on a similar journey and would like to help support eachother (I am pretty good at motivational pep talks ;) )

Replies

• canadian_bakin
    canadian_bakin Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Added
  • hflanagan1975
    hflanagan1975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose 100 lbs too
  • ashleynsundquist
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on making this step. Very inspiring! You can do it.
  • hflanagan1975
    hflanagan1975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh 261 I've lost 3" off my waist. I'm walking on my treadmill every night around 120 min at 0 incline between the speeds of 2.5 and 3.0. I'm new at the treadmill. Also I'm only eating 1200 calories a day. So far I've been doing it for three weeks.
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm also pretty active with quite a bit to lose. After a couple injuries that left me unable to exercise for months I gained back most of the 50 pounds I had lost...Depressing I know but now that I can move again looking to do this again for good this time.
  • itschelseabells
    itschelseabells Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose 100lbs I am currently 225-230 varies a lot anyway I am 24 and 5'3 I have a hard time motivating myself to get up and workout. EVEN THOUGH I LOVE TO! just time! anyway not an excuse but I am at a fresh start and we can help each other!
  • gregoryjspen
    gregoryjspen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose more than 100 and have lost 20 so far. Add me as well. Hope we can support each other.
  • ALJACK9597
    ALJACK9597 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also 25 with at least 100 pounds to lose. We can do this!!!!!
  • bzborn702va
    bzborn702va Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to MFP. 46 years old with over 100lbs to loose. Been struggling for years. Recently found out I'm insulin resistance and doctor put me on metformin to help. So he's allotted me 1500 calls a day with exercise. My starting weight was 298 and it's been two and a half weeks. Too scared to weigh myself, I don't want to be disappointed. Anyway, would love to have fitness buddies. Going to try to add y'all as friends. Please feel free to do the same.
  • jbells93
    jbells93 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I'm new, first day too! I started a new group, called E.A.T to Lose ( Encouragement, Accountability, Tips ), would love to see you all there. Trying to set it up so that we report to each other once a week, get congrats for success, encouragement for struggles, and hopefully helpful tips and info to get you going again. Click on community, then click the far left icon in the bar that comes up, it will give a drop down menu with groups in it. Click on that and you'll see a list of groups, click on ours, and join us as we do this TOGETHER!! Lots of studies show it helps to stay with your program if you know you have to be accountable to others, you don't want to let anyone down, etc. Hope to see you there. The Help section also tells how to get to groups in their FAQS if my instructions are screwy.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I've been here about 3 1/2 months and lost 33 lbs so far. Only 81 to go...
  • dianamarciano78
    dianamarciano78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 100lbs this year then another 70 lbs the next. I started at 301 and have lost 7 lbs so I'm at 294 right now and this is my 2nd week. I lost 7lbs my first week eatting right and exercising 1 hour. My goal weight is 135. I plan on increasing my physical activity and continue eatting right and as clean as possible.
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Welcome