Any Postpartum Moms?

Options
Hello, I gave birth almost 4 months ago and have been at home with baby ever since. I've gained weight since delivery and want to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Anyone going through the same thing and want to be my friend? Thank you!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    3 months PP here. Also a SAHM. I have been trying to keep things in order but it's hard with an infant.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have three kids at home. My youngest is 7 months right now. I also gained a little after my initial loss after delivery. I've had to really buckle down and watch what I eat. I'm also breastfeeding, so I'm careful to eat at least 1800 calories a day to support that. :)
  • jcharltondennis
    jcharltondennis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3. 11, 9 and 4. I think weight after kids is the worst! Not only did I gain weight after each of my kids but then I had a partial hysterectomy in 2016 and gained 15lbs after that as well. I'm a stay at home mom so I bake and cook all day. It's the worst! I have struggled with weight all my life. I was 226 in high school, dropped to 165 2 years after I graduated, went up to 247 after my last child was born. I started my weight loss in 2014 and managed to drop 54lbs to get down to 193lbs (my goal was 175) but my body hit a plateau and I just stopped dieting. Then I had my hysterectomy and went back up to 239. I started my weight loss again on December 10th and have successfully dropped 15lbs since then. My first goal is 220 and then another goal of 199 and then down to 175. Hopefully I will reach that this time. If you are breast feeding, you should drop weight even faster since breast feeding burns a ton of calories each day.
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have three kids at home. My youngest is 7 months right now. I also gained a little after my initial loss after delivery. I've had to really buckle down and watch what I eat. I'm also breastfeeding, so I'm careful to eat at least 1800 calories a day to support that. :)

Same here. 3 kids and my youngest is 7 months. I'm also breastfeeding and trying not affect my supply with too low of a calorie intake. Some women can breastfeed and the weight just melt off, but nope...mine likes to hang around.
  • strikermiz
    strikermiz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Also mom of 3. My youngest is 6 months. I am not new to MFP so I am familiar with what my body needs to loose weight. I struggle with calories intake to support breastfeeding though. I feel like I am eating too much. Plus, I'm hungry all the time because of it. I exercise daily but, I am looking forward to some warmer weather to increase my cardio.
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi all, goodness me too. My lo is 8 months and I lost almost all my baby weight in the first couple weeks then my lo had health issues and I fell into a deep PPD :/ i'm slowly getting out and regaining myself. Haven't started working out yet, i'm walking a few times a week for now. I just started MFP up again 5 days ago. I did MFP from 2014-2015 and lost 55 lbs....it is all back now! ugh. I'm exclusively BF still and don't want to lose my supply but I need to start feeling a little better too....no one really understands why I want to continue bf... everyone is saying just quit and lose the weight faster. etc etc. anyway I would love to be friends with some mommy's who understand.
  • amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am a mom of 4. I have an 18, 12, 10 and 5 mo old. Working on losing the baby weight. I work from home and am struggling a little bit to lose this time. I lost over 40 lbs before I got pregnant. I have about 12 more to go to get to preprgnancy weight but then about another 50 till my goal. Feel free to add me for motivation and support.
  • fanciest_Nancy
    fanciest_Nancy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My little one is 17 months. I gained about 50lbs during pregnancy. I lost 40lbs 3 months after I had her. I went up and down a few times before I got back to my goal size. You have to be patient and give your body time. Make sure you're not skipping meals, and try to workout. It's hard when they're small though.
  • SarahKate2710
    SarahKate2710 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My little guy is 8weeks and I'm a stay at home farm mom/wife. I have 20lbs to lose to get back to my previous pregnancy weight and another 20 after that to get to my goal.