Apple cider vinegar ??? Hmmmm...

Options
So all my coworkers are trying the Acv to help aide in weight loss. Does it actually help in the long run? And how much do you actually drink? Some websites says 2 tsp three times a day and others say 2 tbs three times a day. Which is it?

Replies

• hawkmancody
    hawkmancody Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Firstly acv tastes terrible can't stand it(my opinion)
    Secondly it doesn't do anything for weight loss unless you count throwing up as weight loss ;)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The whole apple cider vinegar and weight loss thing has been around since the 1970's......didn't work back then either.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It does nothing for weightloss and I'M tastes nasty. Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    It does nothing for weightloss and I'M tastes nasty. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yes this.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    but, it is good with a little evoo on a salad
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    The whole apple cider vinegar and weight loss thing has been around since the 1970's......didn't work back then either.

It's been around for longer than that - my mother remembers her aunt (or great aunt?) do an ACV based diet in the 1920s or 1930s...in order to fit into a dress for a ball. Nothing changes.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of the taste of any vinegar, though the smell of red wine vinegar takes me back to Sunday suppers over my grandmother's house. Mmmmm... meatballs and home made spaghetti sauce....

Sorry, ACV does nothing for weight loss and tastes pretty terrible in my opinion. A lot of people like to use it as a hair rinse, though.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I push vinegar hard to clean the counters and mop: http://happymoneysaver.com/make-swiffer-wet-pads/
  • iamgunz
    iamgunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree that ACV does not help in weight loss but it does help in having better digestion and control the acidic amount in our stomach, which in turn helps in weight loss. I had big time acidity issues last year, but the day i started taking 2tsp od vinegar in water before every meal, i was finally out of my acidity issues
  • iamgunz
    iamgunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have low acid ...for the record
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Kelly0572 wrote: »
    So all my coworkers are trying the Acv to help aide in weight loss. Does it actually help in the long run? And how much do you actually drink? Some websites says 2 tsp three times a day and others say 2 tbs three times a day. Which is it?

Neither. It's bunk.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OP search the forums for it and you will see a bunch of similar responses. It is not a magic wonder formula - some people do claim that it has helped to reduce their appetite, but me personally I reckon that's probably cos it tastes foul :lol:

To lose weight eat less than you burn and all will be good. If something claims to help weight loss and costs money it's probably a scam!

Good luck
  • Raciner2002
    Raciner2002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Acv can help with weight loss. It can help with insulin levels, which in turns aides in weight loss. It also helps lower blood pressure. There are several benefits to acv just google it. Like anything moderate food consumption and exercise is key but acv has great benefits for the long run. Most ppl just hate the taste. I personally can tolerate it, as long as I don't smell it. Good luck
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    Acv can help with weight loss. It can help with insulin levels, which in turns aides in weight loss. It also helps lower blood pressure. There are several benefits to acv just google it. Like anything moderate food consumption and exercise is key but acv has great benefits for the long run. Most ppl just hate the taste. I personally can tolerate it, as long as I don't smell it. Good luck

Most people do not need anything to help with insulin levels ,the body regulates them quite well.

Unless they are diabetic - in which case they should be taking whatever their doctor prescribes, not acv

Likewise if they have blood pressure problems.

I dont 'just hate the taste' -I just think it is silly woo nonsense.