What excersices do you guys do

Options
I would like to hear ideas sometimes the machines get boring and i would like to get in to the free weights more often lets share some ideas

Replies

• ktrulez
    ktrulez Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @marcyfitlifee not sure if your gym has an aerobic area that you can take advantage of, if it does then i would look into tabata vids on youtube.

compound excercises such as benchpress, squats, pullups, etc to work on several muscle groups.
  • ozgurvh
    ozgurvh Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I attend spinning, pilates, boot camp, hiit and tae bo classes
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i do body combat 3 times a week, i dont have time to go to the gym so i buy the dvds, to me, this is the best exercise ever, high impact, high calorie burn and so much fun
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Get on an established program.

Stronglifts 5x5 is a good one.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Love to be outside and run or bike.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I do spinning, Les Mills Body Pump, Body Combat and Body Attack, H.I.I.T, Legs Bums and Tums.... just mix it up for variation. Mixing things up is a great way to keep your interest and hit muscle groups that you're perhaps missing with sticking to the same thing. Plus it's a great way to meet new people and generally have a good time :)
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

Second this.
    You won't make great progress but simply throwing in a compound/free weight exercise every now and then.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I loved Strong Curves. Right now I am doing a similar program called Get Glutes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I primarily cycle and I lift. In the summer I do some swimming here and there and I enjoy getting out on a hike now and then and have recently discovered an indoor climbing gym that has me intrigued.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I lift three days per week, compound lifts followed by accessories/isolation lifts. I run 3-5 miles twice a week...gotta keep my time and distance up for this year's 5k collection. Sometimes, I'll throw in an extra day and do an obstacle run at the local park.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Squats low/high bar, glute bridges, good mornings, RDLs/sumo/conv deadlifts, leg extensions, leg curls, varying calve extensions

Pendlay rows, pull ups, seal rows, Vbar rows, dumbell, pull downs, above the knee rack pulls, barbell shrugs

Bench press, incline press, dumbell fly, cable fly, hammer press, dumbell press, push ups, dips(not often due to shoulder injury)

OH press, dumbell shoulder fly, lateral raises, push press, dumbell press, Arnold press, rear delt fly, 21s

Skull crushers, cable ext, kick backs, close grip bench, 1 arm concentration ext, rope ext

Barbell, dumbell, preacher, incline, concentration, cable, reverse, supinated, curls.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Second this.
    You won't make great progress but simply throwing in a compound/free weight exercise every now and then.

I also agree. I was simply naming favourite movements
  • findingone
    findingone Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    6.4 mile jog with a 10:30 average mile pace (5.7mph?) 3x a week. Then 4.2 mile jog 2x a week. 5 days jogging then walking on the weekends. That's it. Though I am thinking of hitting the gym soon. Gotta figure out a routine for that.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I lift weights and I run. I did Stronglifts 5x5 for about 8 months, now I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women. Both programs are great!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Strong Lifts 5x5 three days a week, preceded by 20 minutes on the rowing machine, followed by core work and stretches.
    Treadmill at a conversational pace for an hour three days a week followed by assisted pull-ups, core work and stretching.
    Sunday, I rest.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    OP, it all depends on what's interesting for you and what motivates you. I'm really motivated by having exercise scheduled each day. I'm also motivated by not skipping planned exercise. Call it a carrot vs. stick mentality :)

I take a conditioning class 2x/week. The class is mostly strength training with some cardio. I like the class and I also feel motivated to go because it's on my schedule at a set time every week. Also, I paid for it, so I gotta go...but that mindset doesn't work for everyone.

I also run 4x/week. Currently, I do 3 short runs and one long run per week. I sign up for races so that I have a goal and a set training plan. If it's on my schedule to run that day, then I'll do it.

I don't run on days that I have class because I've learned from experience that this turns me into a weeping ball of pain. However, I usually do walk a couple of miles on those days.