Can we discuss boob fears?

Options
I'm pretty small (5'3 and 113 lbs) and I definitely enjoy my boobs.

I've started working out (mostly just weights) to build muscle and hopefully cut down on a little body fat. Also, I'm eating maintenance calories - about 1700-1900/day

I really don't want to lose any fat in my boobs though, I don't want them any smaller! Haha.

I know it all depends on your body type and where you gain/lose fat - but is this a big possibility?

Weird question, I know.

Replies

• marrrisa
    marrrisa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm hoping! But I feel if I am able to get rid of some of the minimal fat I do have on my stomach and legs, why wouldn't it also decrease fat in boobs?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a possibility. You never know though until you reach your goal.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,938 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Remember that boobs aren't all fat! There's plenty of breast tissue in them as well, which is not lost during fat loss. If you're already pretty small, you may be at that "mostly only breast tissue left" stage.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    If only we could spot reduce!! It'll leave where it feels like it sadly enough. Not being an expert, it does sound that in your case, it might be minimal boobage loss. But building muscle isn't so bad of a trade off in the long run.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Honestly the biggest factor here is genetics. If you're naturally endowed, you'll most likely stay that way. At 113 lbs I can't imagine you having much weight to lose...you could also incorporate chest exercise to enhance perkiness and increase muscle mass.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm dreading the most right now because I remember when I was smaller and I definitely didn't have the boobs that I do now...I will miss you most of all my loyal friends
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I always wanted smaller boobs - I guess I'm weird. When I was pregnant/nursing I was HUGE, it was kind of horrifying to me. Thankfully, they deflated back to pre-children size after I weaned my last child.
  • marrrisa
    marrrisa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys! I'm hoping you're right. Boobs are the only time I'd rather have a C than a B! Haha
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 0". At 120 lbs, I was a 34C. At 100 lbs, I am a pretty flat 34A. I don't necessarily LIKE that I lost my boobs, but I prefer to look the way I do now.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I'm small busted. Very. But not smaller when bodyfat is lower. I think that's the way that works, basically - the difference between different sized boobs is almost entirely fat - there can be fibroids and stuff, but the milk-making equipment is pretty standard. So if you are small, your body doesn't keep its extra fat in your boobs. They are already the small they are going to be.

And if your middle gets smaller, they will look bigger in proportion; and if your butt gets better, then you'll have plenty to be happy about, right? Don't be scared of being in better shape.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    The grass is always greener. :)

I was 44G, am now 36DD. I dare not even dream of being a C.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sorry- no good answer on this- but padded bras and surgery if it happens.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Depends on if they're mostly breast tissue or more fat. You won't lose breast tissue. Personally I think I look a little better when fat comes off mine and they're more breast tissue even if they are smaller.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Downside I am down to my high school cup size (graduated 2001) Upside I am down 2 band sizes. There is always the option to get a boob job :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    marrrisa wrote: »
    I'm pretty small (5'3 and 113 lbs) and I definitely enjoy my boobs.

I've started working out (mostly just weights) to build muscle and hopefully cut down on a little body fat. Also, I'm eating maintenance calories - about 1700-1900/day

I really don't want to lose any fat in my boobs though, I don't want them any smaller! Haha.

I know it all depends on your body type and where you gain/lose fat - but is this a big possibility?

Weird question, I know.

haha, I've been thinking it's been awhile since we had a "boobs" thread, lol.
    You've answered your own question, it depends, and yes it's a possibility, and no you can't control it.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    As someone already posted, if you lose them and it's an issue for you, theres always surgery. I have UK 36FF boobs, which because theyre heavy have stretched the skin and are looking worse the more weight I lose. I fully intend on saving for an uplift when I'm much closer to my goal. Sometimes these things have to be done.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Mine have all but disappeared and I'm thrilled about it. What I have now is in proportion to the rest of me and looks way better than when I was huge :)

Husband isn't quite so happy but he'll get over it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Mine are vanishing. I'm 5'5, started at 173 and am at about 143 right now. I've lost at least a cup size, possibly more. I was in a 36D when I started and those cupped sports bras I have in that size now have a lot of room top of the cup. I'm going to go try on some new sizes this week and see what's happened. Can't choose where it comes off, unfortunately. I will say it's nice to now be able to wear bralettes and stretchy bra tops comfortably.