runners: what is your resting heart rate?

Options
where is your resting heart rate currently at? has it changed from when you started running?

Replies

• trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    mid 50s. i wouldn't be able to tell you if it has gone down recently though.
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I want to say when I first started back in June, it was in the 80-90 range and now it is like 65-70.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Before I started working out my resting heart rate was usually between 75-80. Now it's usually between 60-65. I haven't actually taken it right when I get up though. I've heard that the best time to check it.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I run and I also do cardio on my elliptical. My RHR has gone down from around 75BPM to around 55-60 BPM since I started working out. I also strength train and do pilates. My BP has also gone from 110/70 to 95/55.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Started at the mid 70's and now it's in the low 60's
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it started at before I began running, but it's currently mid to high 50s.
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    I don't know what it started at before I began running, but it's currently mid to high 50s.
  • fzyfrog
    Options
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    Sorry for the multiple posts! Not sure what happened!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner but I do engage in lots of intense cardio including interval training and my RHR runs 48-53.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    started low 60's, (wanna say 62?) now it's 58.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Mine has changed A LOT!!! My resting HR used to be in the high 80s to mid 90s...

A couple times recently I've had it at 61 and at 58! Just AMAZING!!! I attribute it all to running.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I never took a formal "before measurement", but as I recall, my heart rate used to be in the 70's or 80's before I started exercising.

After some time, it was 54. Now it's 51. I'm really eager to see it drop below 50. Getting there I think!
  • marcyj
    marcyj Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Before I started running (even though I did other cardio) it was in the low 70s. It now sits pretty regularly between 52-57!
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mine is low 60's usually.
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine is 47-50. It was in the mid 60s years ago before I really started focusing on working out.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the upper 80's...what the heck is wrong with me??
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    54.4...., there's an app for that!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Just did mine. It was 60, however I've heard it's better to measure in the morning.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the upper 80's...what the heck is wrong with me??

Stress? Caffeine? Or your current training load could all affect this.