Mayo wot the F**k

Options
I normally sort out my own lunch, but today went into the local supermarket to get a sandwich ( I know its not great on the calories but needs must) every sandwich contained mayo why? One I dont like it and two even the weightwatchers sandwiches contained it. Can we have a campaign to stop the use of mayo in shop bought sandwiches? (Grunp over)

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I agree...I don't like mayo on any sammich.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I like mayo myself... but yeah, I think there should be an option to have condiments on the side. Maybe contact store management for a suggestion?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    ^ I agree with the above poster! Tell the store you don't like it. Sometimes, they may also be willing to make you one of the prepackaged sandwiches in their deli area without mayo.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Amen! Every sandwich should have avocado or hummus or something.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes and they try to sell it as light mayo like that makes it any better!! The light stuff is still loaded with sodium!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Let's start a "Use mustard, not mayo" campaign!
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok, I like mayo on sandwiches, but any sort of condiment on a prepackaged sandwich grosses me out. All I can imagine is soggy bread! I would say the same as others have recommended- ask the management if they can start making sandwiches without it, and include the little packets.
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    Yeah it's a pain alright, but I hardly get sandwiches anyway now that I know the calories.

I was pleasantly surprised the other day (when I did fancy a sandwich) to find that Greggs have started doing thai chicken and lime sandwich that uses creme freche instead of mayo. Tastes good too.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    All of that stuff, mayo, mustard, whatever should be ON THE SIDE! I want it how I want it and that's how I want it. My husband laughs when I say this, (although, I know he loves this about me) but I say it all the time.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mayo, full fat mayo, on my ham & cheese sandwiches. LOVE IT! But I have changed to using tortilla wraps instead with hummus or low fat mayo. I also love the P90X chicken salad that calls for low fat mayo, but the taste isn't the same so I add in a quarter tablespoon of full fat mayo.
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options

YEAH! Let's do it!!
  • JillianElizabeth73
    JillianElizabeth73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I second that!
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options

YEAH! Let's do it!!

We could make t-shirts! I would totally wear a "USE MUSTARD, NOT MAYO!" shirt.
  • alanpryke
    alanpryke Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks for the support folks
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love mayo I use it when I make sandwich instead of butter. Easy to spread on thinly :smile:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I HATE Mayo and mustard lol but I`ve never seen a delie or store in my area that has them already on or in the sandwich they are always in little packets on the side so I can dress or not dress mine as I wish.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Ok, I like mayo on sandwiches, but any sort of condiment on a prepackaged sandwich grosses me out. All I can imagine is soggy bread! I would say the same as others have recommended- ask the management if they can start making sandwiches without it, and include the little packets.

I Agree in EVERY POSSIBLE way!!! Soggy bread is the worst!
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options

I Agree in EVERY POSSIBLE way!!! Soggy bread is the worst!
  • alanpryke
    alanpryke Posts: 20
    Options
    Ban mayo , why not use low fat spread
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A little off topic, but, I love mayo, but not the fat & calories. Today I used tzatziki on a turkey sandwich and was pretty pleased.