intex pools

anulle2009
anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
I am looking into one if the inflatable Intex filtered pools. Anyone have one?? Pros/Cons?/

Replies

• Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    I have owned 3! They are okay! The pumps are bad about tearing up!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Ok for a summer but they are nearly impossible to keep clean unless you put a big filter on it and not the one it comes with. We've spent double on chemicals for our pool than we actually paid for the thing.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    I have one with the krystal clear salt water pump combo filter and I love it...I've had the pool for about five years and the filter is new this year and I will never go back to chlorine
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    For kids or adults???? We had one that worked great for kids and adults that weren't rough, but the pool didn't survive a party at our house with 5-6 adults horsing around in it...If you lean or get thrown onto the side of the pool, all the water will rush out the side---sending the people in the pool with it...HAHA
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    I had one last summer and was not too fond of it. I spent more time trying to keep it clean, than I did actually enjoying it. The pump that comes with it is WAY too small and does not filter the water fast enough. Needless to say it took a trip to the dump last fall :smile:

Good luck with yours!
  • cdbillups
    cdbillups Posts: 20 Member
    With 4 kids under the age of 12 ours works out pretty well. We have the 42" pool which allows the youngest to touch bottom and still gives the oldest some room to move around. Ours was given to us by some friends that moved and didn't want to take it with them. I don't have the saltwater pump but that'd be my next purchase if we keep it very long. It also works out well for us since we rent and don't want anything too permanent in the yard.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    I have one with the krystal clear salt water pump combo filter and I love it...I've had the pool for about five years and the filter is new this year and I will never go back to chlorine

I fully agree! I love our pool, and would NEVER go back to chlorine!
  • Speaking of krystal klear pumps - here is the one for $159 (shipped for free) with solid reviews across the web including amazon:

http://www.vminnovations.com/product_8775/Intex-Sand-Filter-1600-GPH-Krystal-Klear-Pool-Pump-56673EG.html

as a heads up I'm with VMI but figured this will save you at least $15 :)
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Thanks everyone.. Now the ones that had troubles keeping it clean, did you cover yours??