Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Battleing

I have 100lbs to loose, and having a hard time. It says I'm to eat 1200 calories a day but sometimes I can't reach that amount and I'm not hungry but it will not let me complete till I eat the 1200. My problem is not just trying to eat the 1200 cuz when I do I seem to go over it.But I have a big problem with 9 p.m. there's something about 9 p.m. that makes me feel so hungry like I have not eaten all day but then once I eat it's like I can breathe because if I don't, it eats and eats and eats on my mind till I do (so to speak) does anybody else have this problem I need some friends on here I'm new to MyFitnessPal for the fifth time because, I've been so frustrated I uninstalled install uninstalled and install and now I've installed again keep thinking okay I can do this. So I'm guessing I can't do this on my own. If you are willing or going through this same thing or if u would like to share your list of what you eat so maybe I can follow what you eat to help me please add me. One more thing I don't exercise which I know that's a problem. I do however drink 96 + ounces of water or lemon water a day once in a while I drink green tea which green tea helps with appetite I heard, but hasn't me yet. . I'm diabetic I have to lose this 100 pounds

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    1200 calories with 100 lbs to lose actually seems a bit low and too agressive. Your body is probably trying to tell you that, by 9pm you haven't given it enough nutrition. That's why you need to make sure you 1) have an appropriate calorie goal 2) are eating to your goal and 3) if you're exercising at all that you're replenishing those lost calories. Otherwise, you're going to be spinning your wheels and setting yourself up for failure.

Even at my highest weight, 211lbs at 5'2 (and yes, ideally 100 lbs to lose) I learned quickly that 1200 calories was not appropriate for me. You may need to reevaluate your goal.

Also, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to meet at least 1200 calories. Eat foods with a higher caloric content. Have larger portions. Eat a snack. Oftentices people go from one extreme (overeating) to another (cutting out too much or variety, etc). Don't fall down that hole. Eat foods you enjoy in moderation.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    You don't have to eat at a set time or on a schedule either. If you are hungry at 9 pm then keep some calories and plan for a snack or a late meal. I am not very active and my calories are 1200/day. You don't have to eat rabbit food either if you cannot reach 1200 calories a day. It is ok to eat more fat or higher calorie foods. A serving of pasta or nuts can give you a boost. Personally, I like to plan my meals ahead. I enter my breakfast and lunch the night before as I make them and then will add supper (once I decide) when I get home from work. I also try to drink a minimum of 90 ounces of water/tea/coffee in a day. My diary is open to so have a snoop if you want :)
  • ivadaeBl
    ivadaeBl Posts: 23 Member
    I'm diabetic so I have to eat low to No carbs. I add my meals night before as well
  • ivadaeBl
    ivadaeBl Posts: 23 Member
    I'm tfyingvto do as my Dr says, and this app