53 yr old truck driver, 450lbs

Options
Seems my post was deleted or I did not post it correctly, if in the wrong area, then tell me where else I can post this, as it is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME, is to make this lifestyle change stick and for me to start dropping weight soon. I NEED SUPPORT, PLEASE. My attempts for years have gone horribly wrong, and I am running out of time, please

Replies

• cake91
    cake91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello :). Try posting this onto introduce yourself if your new. If its a lifestyle change and to lose weight your after then you have come to the right place. Log eveything that you eat and drink. Stick to you calorie goal and you will soon see the numbers go down. Will add you :).

A little about me. I started back in 2014 and i have lost over 3 stone. Errm i'm not sure what that is in pounds sorry. I recently gone back to basic after being absent for abit. Making a few mistakes but its all about learning. But my lifestyle has changed so much. I no longer like greasy food. I like foods that i never used to such as peanut butter and porridge. Avacado just can't win me over yuke. And i love a good salad.

Best of luck and what ever you do. Do not give up.

Amy

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Start by telling myfitnesspal the truth about your age, weight, and activity level. You're sedentary. Tell myfitnesspal that you want to lose 2 lb per day. The web site tells you how many calories you can eat.

Plan your meals and snacks around reaching that number without going over.

At every 10 lb loss, re-enter your numbers so that the site can recalculate your allowed calories. They'll be a little lower.

Do take opportunities to walk. That is exercise.

Be patient.

The time is going to pass anyway, so pass the time doing right by yourself.
  • pktruckdriver
    pktruckdriver Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tell the website ????
    Please pm me and call me , as i know nit how to do that, as I am a little slow on techie stuff, but can follow directions , most of the time, but if yhis will help then plz show me how
    Thansk
  • steniej
    steniej Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think what JeromeBarry1 meant was to make sure your settings are correct on your account. If you signed up with your phone, check your app to make sure you have the right weight/age/height/activity level set. Once you do that it will give you a calorie goal to hit, you log your foods and make sure you stay under that level. If you have all that correct and you meant where can you post that you need support you are in the right place :) Read other people's posts, comment on them, build friendships. Talk about yourself a bit so people get to know you and find common ground with you. I know this show that I just joined today, but I was a former member and spending a lot of time on the boards helped me with motivation and wanting to keep going. Nothing will ever change unless you hold yourself accountable, and your weight will never go down unless you are in a calorie deficit.
  • pktruckdriver
    Options
    Thsnks ok, yes I guess it does do that after I log my meals
  • SammiG01
    SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi pk. You have disappeared off of my friends list and I haven't seen a post from you in a bit but I'm still getting notified when someone else posts on your wall or comments on your status. I thought that you had unfriended me...,,maybe you did?...or maybe you have a wonky setup and need some tech help.
  • pktruckdriver
    Options
    Not sure , but yes this is second time here, but hopefully , this time for good and for success.
    Never unfriended anyone
  • pktruckdriver
    Options
    Need more time to figure this out, I drive all day, 11hrs and then I am exhausted, but need this more than anyone, how will i ever do it
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    may I suggest at the stops you make walk around your rig if you can then twice etc....small steps. I couldn't walk around the block when I started and now I walk amd hike all the time.
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I highly, highly suggest that you do a workout before beginning your drive for the day. Being exhausted after work is an age old cause for not working out for many people. With your weight I would begin by simply walking a mile (1/2 mile out, and 1/2 mile back) and working up from there. Your diet will be 95% of your success. I know on the road it can be tough, but heck, even Subway is okay. A footlong Ham on White (do not get wheat, its full of sugar there) without cheese and only top with mustard or hot sauce (not creamy siracha) is only 600 calories, and you can split it into two meals. Beef Jerky is extremely expensive but thats great as well. Loading up on canned chicken and Tuna is a great idea to have on hand as well. Protein keeps you full, and takes more time and energy to digest.
  • ghmdm8utb
    ghmdm8utb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Honestly just calorie counting and you will get there! I do not work out, but have been eating my 1,200 calories a day and have lost over 30 lbs just by counting calories. It's hard and I hope the best for you