Waist Trainers??

Options
Does anyone have any advice on waiste trainers please. Does it actually work?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    No, they don't work. Get yourself into a calorie deficit and add some solid lifting program and you will be good.

Somewhere there is a sticky, maybe someone will post it for you.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Nah, don't get sucked in by all the Woo.

Wear them if you enjoy the look, many are absolutely gorgeous and help create an hourglass silhoutte. I imagine they would best be used only occasionally due to the fact they squish up your internal organs and long term that's not great for your health.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Waist trainers don't squish your organs. Fully steel boned waist training (tightlacing) corsets worn for extended periods of years can cause some restructuring of the body but all those Victorian illustrations were bunkum.

As for the daft modern bits of glorified elastic? No, they will do nothing. They're just shapewear.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You know how when you wear tight socks, you have a dimple around your ankle for a couple hours after? That's what they do.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Like exercising in Spanx. Much sweat. Many no.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    my advice, save your money. It is a fad.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.
  • Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Corset or those spandex things? I've found my 23inch steel boned corset to have a weight loss effect. It reduces hunger but is a pain in the *kitten* to get on. Like I need someone to put it on for me. And forget bending over or breathing normally. Mines a wasp waist and an alter the body shape if done regularly. Pinching a nerve or cutting off circulation happens if u put it on wrong. But corsets are more for people with limited muscle definition and cannot be worn during workouts. Those spandex things might warm your core and make you sweat more but don't live up to the hype. If you want to temporarily look slimmer while wearing both will do.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I use one with a waist slimmer sometimes too but I don't believe it works. My coach makes me use them but I really don't notice a difference outside of normal dieting.

But..it does help with posture while sitting or standing at my desk all day and also when lifting (mine isn't super tight).

Save your money would be my honest feedback. Unless you're postpartum then it's insignificant and temporary results.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    miritikvah wrote: »
    Corset or those spandex things? I've found my 23inch steel boned corset to have a weight loss effect. It reduces hunger but is a pain in the *kitten* to get on. Like I need someone to put it on for me. And forget bending over or breathing normally. Mines a wasp waist and an alter the body shape if done regularly. Pinching a nerve or cutting off circulation happens if u put it on wrong. But corsets are more for people with limited muscle definition and cannot be worn during workouts. Those spandex things might warm your core and make you sweat more but don't live up to the hype. If you want to temporarily look slimmer while wearing both will do.

Corsets, steel boned ones, will atrophy the core muscles if you don't also strengthen them/work to maintain them alongside tightlacing. But it takes one hell of a concerted effort to change your body shape even with tightlacing. And appetite reduction isn't going to happen for everyone. It may be you can eat less whilst wearing it but take it off and hello hunger.

Corsets are absolutely not for those with limited muscle definition, they are either fashion choice or something or a fetishistic lifestyle choice (look up Mr Pearl).