Options

Replies

• magslante
    magslante Posts: 65 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    dabeck62 wrote: »
    DanaD068 wrote: »
    ...total brain meltdown because I have been going way over my points since then!

I don't know if you've ever seen the movie "The Replacements" with Keanu Reeves, but in the football locker room they talk about "fear" and Reeves says his is "quicksand". He said that is when one mistake leads to another and another and before you know it, you're sinking in quicksand. Your post reminded me of how our lifestyle change is so much a mental process.

We can't get caught in the sand trap! We're here to pull you out! We can do this together.

OH I LOVE this so much !! I am a notorious 'all or nothing' thinker and often have to remind myself that one bad decision does not make for a whole bad day, week or year. We are all human and are going to make mistakes, it's what we do after - that's where our power is!
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    magslante wrote: »
    OH I LOVE this so much !! I am a notorious 'all or nothing' thinker and often have to remind myself that one bad decision does not make for a whole bad day, week or year. We are all human and are going to make mistakes, it's what we do after - that's where our power is!

I was an 'all or nothing' thinker but have finally moved on from that. While that may work for some it was very destructive for me. Not that I never fall back into that kind of thinking but not very often. I so agree about the one bad decision not making for a whole day etc... It was that realization that helped me move on.

On a side note: Keanu was my high school celebrity crush...lol.

Another side note: I asked this in another thread where I pose a question of the day but I am going to ask it here too... What is your peaceful moment? As in what event or action do you find yourself really at peace?

In the other thread some said things like, watching her children sleep, sitting on a deck at a cottage with a cup of coffee, looking at the nearby mountain range our her window.

So, what is yours?