NEED Friends to bug and motivate me!

Options
I'm 33, 14 stone 9 lbs (205lbs), 5 foot 9 from the UK and am on here for what must be the 3rd or 4th time and i've GOT to stick with it this time because it's getting harder the older I get. My goal weight is between 11 and 12 stone (It needs to be maintainable and also, anything less than this makes me took ill, I got down to 9 1/2 once and looked awful, I'm one of the few genuinely big boned people!!) I've lost a fair bit on here before, and know I can do it but focus, motivation and will power are a big deal for me. I also have a boyfriend who can eat a pack of chocolate hobnobs (delicious oaty chocolate topped cookies for non UK members) with each cup of tea on top of all his meals etc and is still like a (lovely) skinny rake, so although he tries, he doesn't really understand, and obviously, doesn't know how hard it is and the help most people need with their weight loss! Anyone who needs a new buddy, send me a request.

Replies

• rainbowyeager
    rainbowyeager Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is my third or fourth time trying this too. Last time before my wedding I lost maybe 10 pounds and it came right back on with the stress of normal life. I log in and although I see people posting about their own stuff, I don't have anyone really offering me support. My office is where I eat the most because everyone loves to bring in goodies. Also, the hubby is like your guy and he can throw down an entire french dip and drink the sauce like it is a soda and just never gain a pound. All my friends are model skinny and live on junk food and wine so they just do not understand why I go out with them and bring a Tupperware of health snacks. I would love to help you in your goals! Add me.
  • lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I absolutely feel you there. He can eat takeaway every meal and he won't gain anything, it's unbelievable. You and I are actually around the same weight/goals. We can motivate each other to keep on track. :smile:
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the same.. eats over 1/2 an entire container of peanut butter in one sitting and is still so muscular and trim. Sometimes I make him tuck things away where I don't know where they are. You can add me!
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from the U.K. also, I've lost 34lb after having 5 children
  • jeanette38340
    jeanette38340 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you you can add me too
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm not from the UK however I do need to lose 40lbs. I am 56 female from AZ. So we are all in this together. My goal is to walk daily - perhaps a mile to start & increase my veggies. Not a big fan of veggies but will strive to eat some daily, preferably raw.
  • LGStrong13
    LGStrong13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to be bugged!!!!! Bug me!!!! 100lbs to lose with a goal of 35lbs by July.
  • raelou82
    raelou82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 34, from the UK & need to lose 59lbs. This is my 3rd time on this & I'm determined this time to get to my goal weight & get my pre pregnancy body back. Feel free to add me
  • blackbearseatbeets
    Options
    Hi, I can always use a push too. Add me if like.
  • tammylotz9
    tammylotz9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to friend me. I will try to help motivate. I am working hard on this myself. Trying to stay motivated
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Lol, if you really need bug & support, feel free, but I am fairly "undiplomatic" so might need guidance on the level of bugging required
  • carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This is my third or fourth time trying this too. Last time before my wedding I lost maybe 10 pounds and it came right back on with the stress of normal life. I log in and although I see people posting about their own stuff, I don't have anyone really offering me support. My office is where I eat the most because everyone loves to bring in goodies. Also, the hubby is like your guy and he can throw down an entire french dip and drink the sauce like it is a soda and just never gain a pound. All my friends are model skinny and live on junk food and wine so they just do not understand why I go out with them and bring a Tupperware of health snacks. I would love to help you in your goals! Add me.

I will try to be more supportive my friend!
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This is so so similar to me! Please feel free to add me.

I am in UK and wanting to lose about 10lbs more for my goal. I am on here all the time as the support really helps me.

Good luck :-D
  • Maricruz1991
    Maricruz1991 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • GettingBackHealthy86
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • AceVoss
    AceVoss Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome anyone on this thread is more than welcome to add me. Support is a wonderful and powerful thing! Welcome wishing you all the best for your weight loss journey.
  • sepharris
    sepharris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm also from the UK and trying to lose a little bit than you are. Could do with as much motivation as possible!
  • WhereisLiz86
    WhereisLiz86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your all more than welcome to add me :)
  • leogirl386
    leogirl386 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)