Howdy! Need a diet buddy to report to? Me too.

Options
After being a normal and healthy weight all my life, I lost almost all mobility after aggravating an old injury and getting a couple new ones. Nine surgeries in, and with some meds, the pain is tolerable but I still don't get around real well and I've gained 50 or 60 pounds. My diet didn't change, I just stopped moving. The extra weight is killing my joints, which is where I'm injured, and I need to get it off asap. I'll have to do it almost entirely through diet, so here I go. I really want the old me back, I barely recognize myself these days.

If anyone is looking for a buddy, I'd love to have some friends to go through this with AND be accountable to. I've read that really increases success rates. Let me know and we'll do this together! Good luck on your journey to all who read this. Thanks!!!

Replies

• moss2520
    moss2520 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would love to be friends!
  • jbells93
    jbells93 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Maybe we could check in once a week or so and give a progress report. What do you think, do we start a new discussion somewhere or ??? I'm a total newbie, not sure the best way to proceed.
  • annadaniels31
    annadaniels31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm down! I'm 31 have a 4 and 6 year old and just continue to gain weight. I don't understand. So I'm up 40 pounds and very determined to loose it all this year! I'm all down for motivaton!
  • tamirein
    tamirein Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have more friends on here. :smile: Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • jenrami2012
    jenrami2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group :) I'm 27 and I have a 5 months old baby. I gained 100 lbs with my pregnancy and I have been working hard to loose it all this year.
  • M1CH3LL3B3LL3
    M1CH3LL3B3LL3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • princessXplague
    princessXplague Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • jbells93
    Options
    Hey all, I created a new group called E.A.T. to Lose (Encouragement, Accountability, Tips ). It's a public group, we're just starting, please join and help get this up and running. Good luck to all!
  • megan_dawe23
    megan_dawe23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love more friends/ motivation. Feel free to add me :)
  • HappyNSmilinKaz
    HappyNSmilinKaz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love having new friends kaz UK x
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting again and would like just a few good contacts to help keep me motivated and accountable.
  • BrkNelson
    BrkNelson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you can add me, too
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me too. I don't know how to add people... what button do i press?
  • jbells93
    Options
    Don't forget to join our group! E.A.T. to Lose ( Encouragement, Accountability, Tips). Click on Community, you'll see a bar across the top with little icons. Click on the far left on, it will show a drop down menu with groups on it. Click on groups, and it will show a list of all the ones there. Find ours and click on it to join. First meeting is this Monday, so hurry hurry hurry!!!

• ravjit2
    ravjit2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ! My name is Ravi (mum of 2) from the UK.. Feel free to add me ☺️ I have just rejoined MFP after about 3 years & am recovering from breast cancer treatments (last one in August 2016)& now in remission. It's going to take me 15-24 months recovery time, even though I had a set back after I finished..thinking I was "normal" again ! I would love to have some good buddy's I can check progress with etc
    P.s. How do I add anyone ??
  • jbells93
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @ravjit2 I sent you an invite to our group, first meeting is Monday. We're going to check in once a week with status updates, give congrats and support and just talk about whatever comes up, hopefully help each other along the way. Hope to see you there!
  • kdyuille
    kdyuille Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want to be a part of this group. I need the motivation as well. I do good and then I get I guess bored cause I am doing it alone. Please add me as a friend and include me in your group.
  • rbyrby
    rbyrby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi guys may i join your group? Add me up ill add back