No will power.

Hey. I'm Amber and 35. I've been dealing with traumatization from childhood and it's affects in my eating. I have a really hard time stopping myself from grabbing bad comfort food when stressed. I was also raised by someone whom did not help with my problems with making excuses for everything and making justifications to doing things I shouldn't. (Skipping the gym, binging, etc.)I have been getting help and making some progress, (getting the gym membership, starting meal planning) but really need support. And probably an accountability partner. I hope I'm not the only one whom is weak....

Replies

• ambermcg8
    ambermcg8 Posts: 8 Member
    I also would love some friends on here for motivating each other!
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2017
    I've got a perfectly good treadmill that's sitting quietly in my living room. What is your planned exercise schedule / goals? Perhaps we could synchronize them and report to each other on the assigned days.

Cute puppy! Looks quite young, when it gets older, it'll be a perfect exercise tool!
  • TheCurseofDolkite
    TheCurseofDolkite Posts: 13 Member
    I hope you add me because I am an expert on excuses and you don't have to be ashamed to tell me yours.
  • AzmiAchilles
    AzmiAchilles Posts: 4 Member
    30% exercise...70% diet. Going to the gym is easier than stopping yourself from reaching out to that donut. I know this struggle but if u keep grinding and don't give up..you will see improvements. Dont give up giving up..get up dust yourself off and try again. Replace your hunger with lots of plain water...build muscle at gym..eat more protein thn carbs..and forget about timeline there is no timeline! Fitness is for life!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    I just want to point out that the puppy in your profile is extremely cute. Good luck in your efforts.
  • AzmiAchilles
    AzmiAchilles Posts: 4 Member
    Filling yes. But it take more energy for the body to break down protein than carbs. While building muscles..the body will break down more calories even when we are idling. Im not saying we should avoid cardio totally..but add strength training to your routine. I have been running all my life..and hated gym. But since i included both..it makes a big difference
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    @ambermcg8 , find a small change you can make. Then make that one small change. Then find another small change you can make. Then make that one. It's an amazing thing about doing things one at a time, you can do 2 things, then 3 things, but it's only one at a time.

I suggest that the easiest thing for you to do first is to use your food diary to write down the food you eat. Just practice writing down everything you eat, and practice being accurate about it. To be accurate, you need a digital kitchen scale.

After a week of writing down your food, then a week of accurately weighing your food, then you can find one simple thing do change, something you can stick with.

It's easier to keep a change if you make it by small steps.

• ambermcg8
    @Pooshka2 that would be awesome! I have a crappy treadmill at home and a gym membership. I wouldn't mind doing a sync up! I haven't really started a plan yet. But I need to. That's how my brain works.
  • ambermcg8
    @Look_Its_Kriss and @AzmiAchilles . Thanks for your opinions and suggestions! I will take both into account. I do want to build muscle because I am weak and definitely want a more sculpted body. I have some stubborn fat to lose and I know it's because I'm eating to many calories and skipping the gym. I have maintained my weight for a while but want to make permanent change!
  • ambermcg8
    @JeromeBarry1 I think I will try that. I find that I try to make too many changes at once. I have the best intentions but always fail and get tired... Burn my self out trying to do it all. Thanks for the recommendation!