arms

Options
So in the last 11 days, I have lost 4 inches, and I'm psyched! I lost an inch from waist, hips, and each thigh. I'm frustrated with my arms, though. This is the third time I've taken my arm measurements in the last 4-6 weeks. The second time they stayed the same as the initial measurement. Today, they were still just as big... and honestly... probably 1/4 inch BIGGER...

I am loosing pounds (.8-1.5 a week usually) and inches everywhere else. I do the 30 day shred 6 days a week. I also do a 25-30 minute run 6 times a week. I stay within my calorie sugguestion and each about 50-150 of the 500+ exercise calories I get alloted.

NOW, should I be concerned? Will my arms eventually slim down too? Are my arms bulking up with the 30 day shred?

Has anyone experienced this with 30 DS? Any solutions/suggestions?

THANKS! :-)

Replies

• shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Girl, Yes!! Eventually they will. It took my arms a few months and then one day I had last 1/2" in each arm. I have only lost like 3/4" in each in the past 7 months, but will take what I can get and using the resistance band i am also toning, so....
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump. curious to see answers. my arms don't seem to shrink at all either.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Arms are THE worst... eventually, your body will start slimming down there, too. It'll just take time.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have always had "big arms" and it seems not matter what I do, they never go away :/
  • erylie
    erylie Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for the encouaragement... I just wasn't sure if doing the 30 DS was doing a "dis-service" to my arms... I'll be patient :-)

Oh, and what does "bump" mean??
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Oh thank goodness, I thought it was just me! I am getting where I can wear some of my cute t's & tanks, but one look at my arms & I want to cry! I get so depressed that I forget I am down a grand total of over 38 lbs! (10 before I started here!) I do heavy lifting at work, so I know there is muscle under there, but whats with this almost "roll" looking crap??

Which leads me to another thing... why do these clothing manufactors keep making all these "cap" sleeve tops? I hear very few women who like thier arms (aka bat wings). It's 90 flippin' degrees, I don't want to wear a cardi to cover up my arms, I just want a top with normal short sleeves!
  • vintagefool
    Options
    Which leads me to another thing... why do these clothing manufactors keep making all these "cap" sleeve tops? I hear very few women who like thier arms (aka bat wings). It's 90 flippin' degrees, I don't want to wear a cardi to cover up my arms, I just want a top with normal short sleeves!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Amen sister!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My calves got a half inch bigger before they got smaller. I was a little worried about Popeye legs for a bit there!

Your arms are probably going to hold onto the fat a little harder than other places, and you are growing muscle underneath it, so for a little while they seem bigger... keep at it, and probably within a few weeks you'll see a difference!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump.. to read later..