Favorite Flavorful Sauces/Marinades/Spices

Options
Hello everyone!
So I'm looking for some ideas for sauces, etc to add a flavor punch to foods! Example: I looooove pesto. Very strong flavor that (even though it's relatively high in cals) you only need a little for a lot of flavor. I'm willing/able to practice portion control with these types of things for the flavor.
I know some Asian sauces like hoison might fit the bill but they are super high in sodium(again helped by the relatively small serving I'd need for the flavor and I'm not too picky about sodium just don't like to see a spike cause water weight).
I'm not a huge fan of spicy stuff so hot sauce isn't really a good option but I like certain salsas and that sweet Thai chili sauce(mmm might have to use that one for some shrimp zoodles!).
Mainly looking for something to make say a chicken and veggie dinner a little more exciting. I had shrimp, pesto and frozen green beans tonight and it was heaven!!
Any ideas are appreciated!!

Replies

• litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm a new convert to coconut amino sauce, it's really delicious, not too high in calories.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying a bunch of the salt free blends from Penzeys spices. So far they've been good.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    litoria wrote: »
    I'm a new convert to coconut amino sauce, it's really delicious, not too high in calories.

And not too high in sodium too! I just tried some as a soy substitute, and while it wasn't quite soy, it is good.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use the coconut aminos!! Love it on cauliflower fried rice! I'd love to find something "saucy". But I will use it more in veggies etc now that you mention it!
  • boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    sweet chili sauce mixed with a little mayo and lemon juice....over seasoned shrimp...with zucchini noodles...yummy bang bang shrimp