How early do you get up to exercise?

Options

Replies

• hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5 to be at the gym for a 6am class and done by 7 although 3 days a week I stay and do another class at 9:30-10:30 and on Sundays I go around lunchtime or when I feel like it :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm a night owl. Sometimes I'm at the gym well after midnight, but that's the END of my day, not the beginning...I don't think you could pay me enough to get up and work out early in the morning. If I'm out for a run, that's usually after noon, which is like morning to me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Preferably wake up 08:00, back and knees then wake up by about 10:00 and I'm ready to go about 11:00. :)

In the summer cycling season I'm frequently on my way out as the majority of riders are their way back home.
    Afternoon and onto the evening are my best times for performance and motivation.

Kudos to those getting up at "silly o'clock" in the morning to their workouts done but it's not for me thanks.
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am no gym bunny, but I definitely wouldn't go to the gym if it was 2 hrs away! I'm up at 5:30 for my morning run.
  • DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Up circa 5:30AM, coffee, workout at home so 30 mins cardio/HIIT then get school lunches, breakfasts etc. ready.
    Go to work, home by 5:15PM and, if it's a strength day, do another 30-45mins before main meal.

I love rest days :-)
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am no gym bunny, but I definitely wouldn't go to the gym if it was 2 hrs away! I'm up at 5:30 for my morning run.
    It's actually just hour away from home but the way the trains work I would leave at 5:30 and arrive at ~6:35 at the gym. The gym is close to work and afterward it would only take me 15 minutes to work.
  • Noot30
    Noot30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:15 twice a week, to be at the gym for 6. It's the only time I have on those days. So used to it now it's just normal.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I used to get up at 4:10 to be at the gym by 4:30, but my gym was getting way to crazy in the morning and have started going around 8:30-9 at night. It's to the point where there could be north of 15 people at that little gym in the morning (taking over communal areas for classes, etc...) where I may have the place to myself by 9 at night.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Depends on a whole bunch of things... but the earliest I'm up regularly is 5am. That has me lifting by 5:30 and done by 6:30 with plenty of time to get my kids up, lunches made, etc etc etc.
  • M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    No way I could work out in the morning. I gym anytime between 4-6 pm
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:40 to get to the gym by 5:30. Sometimes (like this morning), I'll be lazy & sleep in, but I'm going to leave work early so I can get to the gym anyway.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I workout at home ....I get up at 4am M-F to workout before home schooling my daughter
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    up at 4:30 - at the gym at 5ish. I do 20-25 minutes of cardio and then take a 45 minute class. I've always been an early riser so don't have a problem getting up early. I've been doing it so long now I can't sleep in anymore.....
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5 a.m., have a light pre-workout breakfast and relax for a bit (watch tv, read, mediate, light chores) all while I digest and then I make my way to the gym for 7 a.m.

On days where I want to sleep a little longer, I wake up at 6 a.m. and just have a lighter snack like a banana.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    S3r3knitty wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    I'm wondering when you stand up to go to the gym. I restarted going and want to do some classes before work. The way the gym schedule is set up in combination with my trains I would have to stand up at 5am to get to the class at 7am. I am trying to convince myself that I can do that and that i would be good because i dont loose time. When do you stand up? How do you do it?

I don't. I exercise at home at night and have a big bowl of recovery popcorn with a movie before bed.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, I work out at home. But I get up at 4:45am 3 days during the week, drink coffee and/or a pre-workout, and work out starting at 5:30am and go until 7am. Then I take a shower, get ready for work, eat breakfast, and go to work by 8am. I work out on both days of the weekend but I don't bother getting up early those days for obvious reasons. If I know I will have to take a weekend day off, I'll simply work out an extra day during the week but I try not to do that. Weekends I always have more time being off work, so there's no excuse not to work out at some point each day.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    4:30 am.. It hurts to even type it.
  • Laura040
    Laura040 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Up at 345am to be downstairs on my treadmill for 4am (I run outside when weather allows it lol). I do a 5k run then a 30 minute circuit. I finished around 515am give or take. I start work at 630am.

I look forward to Sunday's when it's my rest day lol
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    On Saturdays I'm up at 6:30 because you have to arrive at Cabin Creek by 9 am to get a parking spot on the weekends. If I miss out, I don't ski.