ladies only

Options
how do you ladies curb the extra intense cravings you get during youre period, if you do?

Replies

• SouthernFitGirl
    SouthernFitGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The support of my group on fb for 1!! Halo top ice cream!! Lots and lots of water
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi really helps me curb the sweet cravings.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I wish I was like @SouthernFitGirl , I've tried Halo and bleh, watery to me. I go in for dark chocolate, like Dove or even the Dark Reese' cup. About 40 calories a piece, and usually one is strong enough to curb my craving. Sometimes I just accept that at that time of the month it's just going to be a maintenance calorie day and have more than one piece. :wink:
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Make healthy snack options like homemade protein bars or black bean protein brownies, eat a 90 calorie fiber bar, pre-portion a snack like trail mix so I don't feel guilty to eat too much. Making a nice cup of soothing hot tea with a little honey usually helps.
  • fanciest_Nancy
    fanciest_Nancy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go for health high protein snacks. I love Halo Top icecream and Think thin brownie crunch bars. You can even make your own protein snacks girls. I made a protein strawberry cheese cake last week.
  • Nomikia
    Nomikia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If it's because I'm hungry, cottage cheese and then get busy with something. But honestly I visit my mom too.. 80% because I love her 20% because she has a jar of super dark chocolate she lets me sneak into. One piece is around 50cal. Sit down to eat, take several bites, engage all senses (seriously I can't be the only person who sniffs candy!). Mindful snacks and treats that already can fit into your day are great. If it's not hunger at all, get busy. Exercise (walking and stretching are all I can manage with TOM), go see your family, visit a friend, go play with dogs at a shelter. Whatever engages your mind and hands.