Any low carb snack or meal ideas?

Options
I'd love any and all low carb snack ideas. Or low-carb meals. Especially if they are delicious! :)

Thanks!

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm not creative, but at night I try to limit my carbs. I recently discovered Sargento Naturals Mozzarella and Provolone cheese slices. The provolone is 70 a slice, and the mozzarella is 60 a slice, both have no carbs in them. I usually have about 2 slices of mozzarella before bedtime. Not good on the meals, sorry!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary for meals (and send a message if there's one you can't figure out, lol). Don't snack much though, since going low-carb. I find I'm just not hungry between meals.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I loved pork rinds when I was on Atkins. Also, low-carb tortillas fried in olive oil, then covered in melted cheese...NACHOS minus the guilt! :D
  • glovecke
    glovecke Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow where do you begin..Ill go for Almonds and Greek yogurt..low in carbs and packed in protein..grilled chicken as a dinner or snack..if you simply search low carb snacks you will find oodles but those are a few of my favorite
  • suprfast
    suprfast Posts: 49
    Options
    low carb...

pork rinds. Trade off is fats and protein.
    beef jerky-low carbs because of the sugar, almost no fat, protein
    eggs

list goes on
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm eating low carb and high protein! You can feel free to add me and check out my food diary!

I eat a lot of grilled meat and veggies for dinner. For lunch, I like lunchmeat or chicken mixed with avocado.

I eat a lot of salads, nuts and greek yogurt as well.
  • lydiaanne1977
    lydiaanne1977 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My fave snack is half an apple sliced up in thin wedges dipped in Kraft whipped peanut butter (2tbs)
  • BabyKate97
    Options
    Well there are carrots and celery, but carrots are better for you, avoid cheese and any foods or snacks that are bars. Like cereal bars or protein bars or anything like that should be avoided. Avoid energy drinks. Try salad or tuna. Or just boil an egg and eat it.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    low carb...

eggs

list goes on

When it's low fat, it's still high sodium!! I'm definitely struggling with that aspect!
  • polarduke
    polarduke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A low-carb snack I like is some sliced turkey (1 oz., preferably Boar's Head), wrapped around a slice of Swiss or other flavorful full-fat natural cheese, which a good amount of yellow or spicy mustard. Sometimes I'll wrap all of that around of piece of cucumber. It's pretty tasty and filling.
  • suprfast
    suprfast Posts: 49
    Options
    low carb...

eggs

list goes on

When it's low fat, it's still high sodium!! I'm definitely struggling with that aspect!

It only affects those that have high blood pressure or whatever else sodium affects. Salt is my friend, favorite seasoning. We usually talk about the macos and everyone brings up micros.
  • Buckeye_Jenn
    Buckeye_Jenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For snacks I like bell peppers, cheese sticks, 100-calorie packs of almonds, Cowboy Caviar that I get at Costco, sugar-free Jell-O, hummus with carrots.

My go-to meals are bunless burgers loaded with sauteed onions, salads with sliced chicken or deli turkey, tuna salad with a small amount of low-fat mayo and some black beans, BLT lettuce wraps (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/blt-lettuce-wraps.html) and I was just reminded of this recipe for salsa chicken that I plan to make without the corn and will put it on a salad or just eat plain (http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/07/taco-chicken-bowls-1066-recipe-133.html).

Keep in mind I do slow-carb, not no-/low-carb. I'm technically still low on my carbs, very low on sugar, but the carbs I get come from slow-burn sources like beans and veggies.
  • KireMac
    KireMac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I loved pork rinds when I was on Atkins. Also, low-carb tortillas fried in olive oil, then covered in melted cheese...NACHOS minus the guilt! :D

OMG! Fried tortilla in olive oil with melted cheese on it is the absolute best! (: Its extremely yummy! :D
  • chstarling
    chstarling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you might like this, but my hubby and I love this spinach and chicken quiche. Google the recipe. If you like quiche, make one with any low carb ingredients (meat, cheese, veggies, eggs)... it doesn't feel like diet food at all :smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    A couple slices of hard salami sandwiched around a 1 oz block of cheddar cheese. Or you could get some turkey slices, spread some whippable cream cheese on them, and roll it up.