What are you fav foods??

Options
So, I'm new to this website & am thrilled I found it!! I'm starting on a 1200 calorie intake. I don't have too much weight to lose, but I do need to work on my eating habits! So, I thought maybe we could share some ideas that we all enjoy, that is good for us as well!
So far, I'm becoming more and more fond of fresh fruits and veges. I don't have too strong of a liking for veges plain, so I am still diping them in ranch vege dip. But, at least I'm eating more of them!
So, what do you all enjoy to eat???

Replies

• suprfast
    suprfast Posts: 49
    Options
    Beef, lots of it. Rib eyes, new yorks, short ribs, flank steak, t-bones(porterhouse).
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Hummus and rice crackers or rice cakes. A wrap with Nutella and banana in it. Peanut butter and rice cakes.
    Watermelon, watermelon and more watermelon! Chicken breast with Frank's red hot on it,

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • karenami
    karenami Posts: 3
    Options
    If you like Ranch dressing you should check out Marie's Yogurt Ranch dressing....it's SOOOO good. And a lot less fat amd calories. It's not as thick as regular ranch but the it sure tastes like ranch dressing.

I haven't been a big veggie and fruit eater but I'm learning to enjoy them more. I also have discovered I like cottage cheese...always hated it until a friend mixed in some blueberries and sliced strawberries and now I LOVE it.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I still eat chocolate, just in moderation. I've also developed a new liking for peanut butter and dried apricots. Was never much of a fan of either, before, but now they're my new favorite snack.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Lots of nuts and high fiber to keep you full!!!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive fan of stir-fried veg (onion, red and green peppers, snow peas, mushroom, carrot and broccoli) cooked with a tablespoon of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce). I have it a lot as a side to a chicken breast or steak. Very filling for very little cals.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I have to have some fruit every day. On a gala apple kick right now, and always have bananas on hand. Also hitting the in season, fresh cherries too. I can eat a bowl of 30 cherries for like, 125 to 150 calories.

I've always been a salad fan, but I get bored of the same thing, so the trick is ot make it different, by adding different veggies, dressings, etc.

Lean protein - not a yogourt fan, so I eat a LOT of chicken, and eggs on the weekend (no time during the week).

Already mentioned, but nothing beats fresh, homemade hummus on veggies, or whole wheat pita. Yum!
  • suprfast
    suprfast Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm a massive fan of stir-fried veg (onion, red and green peppers, snow peas, mushroom, carrot and broccoli) cooked with a tablespoon of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce). I have it a lot as a side to a chicken breast or steak. Very filling for very little cals.

That just made me super hungry. Talk about a properly balanced meal. Keep it up.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I also have discovered I like cottage cheese...always hated it until a friend mixed in some blueberries and sliced strawberries and now I LOVE it.

I'm totally the opposite. I didn't like cottage cheese until I had it plain.
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Hummus & Pita Bread
    Light String Cheese
    Oatmeal w/ TBSP Peanut Butter
    Grilled Chicken Breast or Salmon on Salad w/ light Dressings
    Apples , Bananas, Oranges & Strawberries
    Any Veggies dipped in light ranch
    AND of COURSE...Skinny Cow Ice Cream Treats :tongue:
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    OMG.. That idea of a wrap with Nutella and a Banana sounds just too delicious not to try... Darn it... LOL
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Hummus!
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have to have some fruit every day. On a gala apple kick right now, and always have bananas on hand. Also hitting the in season, fresh cherries too. I can eat a bowl of 30 cherries for like, 125 to 150 calories.

I've always been a salad fan, but I get bored of the same thing, so the trick is ot make it different, by adding different veggies, dressings, etc.

Lean protein - not a yogourt fan, so I eat a LOT of chicken, and eggs on the weekend (no time during the week).

Already mentioned, but nothing beats fresh, homemade hummus on veggies, or whole wheat pita. Yum!

I'm a fan of the gala apples too!!! I noticed you wrote homemade hummus. Have you ever made black bean hummus? My old roommate in college last year would make it all the time, but I don't remember all her ingredients but it was simple and the ones I have seen add in a lot of stuff.
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    I just finished dinner and this thread is already making me hungry again! Ahhh I feel like im eating with my eyes listening to everyone talk about their favorite foods!

I really like Chobani yogurts with a handful of almonds or walnuts for some added crunch.
    I am in LOVE with the new Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus ( Its delicious)!! I usually eat it with veggies or melba toast or staceys pita chips
    I just found LIFE bars (cereal brand) they come in Banana Nut and Cinnamon Roll. THe Banana Nut tastes exactly like banana bread.
    Lots of fruits and veggies
    and the list goes on................depending on the meal I could write a whole cookbook lol
  • KireMac
    KireMac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love all types of food! I'm not fond of meat... i don't tend to eat very much meat because it just isn't my cup of tea.. I love watermelon! Thats my favorite. I think i could live off of nothing but watermelon. Mmmm... I like to eat hummus with pita bread or plain nacho chips its really good! I mainly love all fruits and some veggies. I prefure cucumbers over most veggies because they taste amazing in a sandwich with just mayo, bread and cucumber. (: I guess i don't really eat a ton of veggies and stuff that i should be having. It's quite hard when you don't have very much spending money to go buy a ton of groceries. But, i eat what we do have and its actually not that bad. Pretty healthy stuff actually.
  • turnerjh
    turnerjh Posts: 17
    Options
    I have been on a zucchini kick lately and have made baked zucchini chips and "crab" zucchini cakes which were both delicious. I am a big fan of allrecipes.com. I get a daily recipe from them and while some are not so good others are fabulous (like the zucchini chips). Also a big fan of hummus, both plain and black bean...YUM! And Dannon Honey Greek Yogurt :smile:

8913474.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know it's not really a "food" but I could definitely drink it!!! Frank's hot sauce...I carry some in my purse and I put it on nearly everything. My friends and family used to make fun of me but now they all ask to borrow it!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    as a snack, I just discovered putting Blue Diamond {unsalted} natural almonds w/ Nutella, =yummy. . .i love turkey from the deli, and sargento brand cheese. love WATER. love bagels, and anything w/ a butt load of carbs, lol. .. . idk how to do that low-carb thing. i love fruits. kiwi, plums, watermelon, honeydew, apples, oranges, grapes, and trail mix. soy milk{vanilla}
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've learned to love GREENS - kale , spinach, asian bok choy, cabbage. These foods take time to prepare, but its worth it considering they are packed with nutrition.
  • MissionABS
    MissionABS Posts: 80
    Options
    I made it to my final goal weight so I decided to treat my self to some Ho Hos :)