Who considers this healthy?

Hello, I am 5'9 and 70kgs.
I do cardio 2-3 times a week. I walk during lunch at work M-F. I lift weights 2-3 times a week.
Sometimes I skip a day. Sometimes I skip a week. Sometimes I eat fastfood more than once a week.

This is what I eat. Where can there be improvement? What can help me drop body fat?
Breakfast
Plain greek yogurt with berries (10g carbs and 18g protein)
Boiled egg for snack (7g protein)
Left over supper and a fruit. Usually a 30g of starch and 20g of fruit. Protein 10g
Snack is nuts, an apple or egg
Supper is 6" Subway (mustard or subsauce) 55g carbs, protein 15g OR brown rice with veggies and meat, stirfry, sweet potatoes and meat and veg. All bread rice and pasta used is wholegrain.
Air poppped popcorn or greek yogurt with berries.

I always stick to serving sizes as I need to count carbs for diabetes control.
I don't really like cooking stuff that requires time and energy. I work full time and have my kid in exercise classes, skating and swimming. I also do self business paperwork at home.

My goal is to just figure out how to drop 10lbs of body fat before my wedding June 29. I want to meet goal by May 15.

Where can I begin with food? good food? not expensive? easy? tastey? filling?
I think my exercise reg is good but my diet needs work big time to reach body fat loss....

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    You're already at a healthy weight, so losing 10 lbs is going to take quite a while since you don't have the fat stores to constitute large losses. You should be aiming for a .5lbs/week loss.

You mentioned what your eating but not how many calories you're eating. What's your MFP goal?
  • GuessIgottalog
    GuessIgottalog Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks. I've logged this same type of eating many times before and I eat about 1500-1700 cals a day....Dec, Jan and Feb have had many over days and I don't think Ive gained any weight so im pretty much sitting at par.
  • GuessIgottalog
    But if its a day I ate say Macdonalds, then Im totally at 2200-2500 for that day.
  • Ninkyou
    Then you're effectively negating any deficit you would have otherwise. So on days you're eating out, you need to either eat less calories at your other meals or eat less calories when you're eating out.
  • GuessIgottalog
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Then you're effectively negating any deficit you would have otherwise. So on days you're eating out, you need to either eat less calories at your other meals or eat less calories when you're eating out.

Yes for sure!!!! I think im gonna log on days that I eat out. I need a purse size scale for restaurants. lol
  • Ninkyou
    You can easily pre-plan eating out. Just look at the nutrition information on the restaurant's website. If you know you're going to be eating at McDonald's look at the nutrition info and pick something that's going to fit in your day's calorie goal.
  • GuessIgottalog
    Thanks,
    But should I be eating certain foods for this goal? restrict carbs big time? no bread at all? what about processed foods? like frozen convenience? what about my meat? is any thing ok?

If goal is fat loss, does it really matter what types of foods or just eat whatever but be under TDEE and your good to go?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Thanks,
    But should I be eating certain foods for this goal? restrict carbs big time? no bread at all? what about processed foods? like frozen convenience? what about my meat? is any thing ok?

If goal is fat loss, does it really matter what types of foods or just eat whatever but be under TDEE and your good to go?

You just need to eat less in general. You can eat the exact same food in smaller quantities and lose weight. You do not need to cut out any foods. However, since you should aim to eat sufficient protein and fat, it is often easier to cut back on carbs than on those macros.
  • GuessIgottalog
    jemhh wrote: »
    Thanks,

You just need to eat less in general. You can eat the exact same food in smaller quantities and lose weight. You do not need to cut out any foods. However, since you should aim to eat sufficient protein and fat, it is often easier to cut back on carbs than on those macros.

Hmmmm I could live off of all fruit, greek yogurt and grill cheese sandwiches and veggies with dip and slurpees. Butttttttt I do have diabetes (ffs) so I do have to keep the carbs down. (100-150 per day).
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    But if its a day I ate say Macdonalds, then Im totally at 2200-2500 for that day.

No, you have some CHOICES:
    * Deal with being over your goals. It is what it is.
    * Order differently. When I go to the Golden Arches I order either the Southwest Salad, a grilled chicken sandwich (no fries or steal 3 from husband or son), or a Happy Meal. You have CHOICES!
    * Work out heavily that day. If I do a 10 mile hike, I can easily eat McDonald's afterwards.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    Thanks,

Hmmmm I could live off of all fruit, greek yogurt and grill cheese sandwiches and veggies with dip and slurpees. Butttttttt I do have diabetes (ffs) so I do have to keep the carbs down. (100-150 per day).

Then cut down on your carbs if you need to. Are you asking how to cut down on them? I'm kind of confused here. You just eat less of whatever you are eating.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Eat in a caloric deficit. That's it. You could eat ice cream all day but as long as you're below you're TDEE you'd lose weight
  • GuessIgottalog
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Eat in a caloric deficit. That's it. You could eat ice cream all day but as long as you're below you're TDEE you'd lose weight

Right but my goal is NOT weight loss, it's body fat loss....so I lift, do cardio and eat less of whatever (healthy or not)???
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »

Right but my goal is NOT weight loss, it's body fat loss....so I lift, do cardio and eat less of whatever (healthy or not)???

If you eat in a manner to produce weight loss, some of that weight loss will be fat. If you want to minimize the amount of muscle you lose along with that, make sure you're getting sufficient protein, do resistance training, and don't have a deficit that is too big.