Hello Everyone

Options
Hello Everyone

My name is Rochelle. I have been trying to loose weight after having my fourth child was going to the gym and was eating serving sizes cut cut junk food, soda's, and candy out and still was not loosing any weight. I have now started the Keto diet. Not quite sure on what to eat.

Replies

• Bobzilla54
    Bobzilla54 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    H Rochelle. For keto, you really need to focus on restricting your net carbs, which is the total carb count of a food item, minus the dietary fiber count from that same item. For example, if a bowl of lettuce has 22g of total carbs, but 20g of dietary fiber, then you would count that as 2g of net carbs. There are carbs in almost everything, so for me I basically don't take any intentional carbs. Your goal should be to stay under 20g of net carbs per day (this is different for everyone, but 20g is a safe number). You can use a keto calculator to figure out the rest. Stick to your protein target, and then control your calories using your fat intake. I wasn't calorie restricting much at all in the beginning, but it was still working. Oh, and for the first few days, you could get what they call the keto-flu (flu-like symptoms brought on by dehydration and lack of electrolytes). To avoid this, drink lots of broth. Best of luck!