Coming Back

Options
I have had myfitness pal before. I have literally tried everything there is out there to lose weight. I want to lose around 50 lbs. I have zero support, which makes everyday hard. I am an emotional eater and I am trying to change my ways each and everyday. I am starting again, and looking forward to proving to myself I can do this. Lookong for any "friends" that I can make along my journey!

Replies

• rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm pretty much just starting over, too, (for the umpteenth time) and have a significant amount of weight I need to lose. I seem to be able to start a program and have some success, but then I always backslide into eating too much fast food and junk. I just turned 50 recently and know I need to turn things around. I'd love to be your "friend" in weight loss!
  • DreamingofGoalDay
    Options
    Welcome back to you! I know all about starting over for the umpteenth time! I feel thats all I do! I go through a similar cycle of starting a plan, then getting frustrated and just give up (eat everything and anything). I will friend you :smile: . I am confident we can do this! Now, if we can keep strong and do it!
  • rdevol
    Options
    Sounds great! Looking forward to it!
  • DreamingofGoalDay
    Options
    Thank you partaz! I do need to work on moving more as well! I live in PA and winter is making me not want to be outside. I need to find ways to be active indoors and not just sit all day
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had to read your post 2 times, I thought I wrote it... I am right with you, would love to jump on board and help keep us motivated. I hate doing it alone. So easy to let myself down. Feel free to add me..
  • DreamingofGoalDay
    Options
    It is so refreshing to not feel alone on this journey! I will add you!
  • Donnaswimmer
    Donnaswimmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am back too, after loosing 15 pounds and gaining 7 back. I've exercised a lot my entire adult life, so I just need to be very disciplined about eating. Ideally I'd like to loose 15 more pounds.
  • missnatalieiom
    missnatalieiom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm back after not logging on for 5 years!
    Hoping this app will help me shift the rest of my baby weight. I lost 2 stone on here last time.Feel free to add me if you wish :smile:
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It's more mental change then anything. Slowly but surely. Proper portions, the right foods, eat every few hrs, don't skip snacks, drink plenty of water. And don't beat yourself up when you get off course. Acknowledge it and move on. I'll send you a friend request. Message me anytime. Nice to meet you
  • DreamingofGoalDay
    Options
    Thank you all so very much! Lookong forward to this journey, and I hope that each and every one of you are successful in your journeys as well! I have friend requested all of you, so if i accidentially missed someone, please friend request me :)
  • Jenniwren83
    Jenniwren83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! This is me too! I'm back here for the millionth time it feels like and am always looking for friends and support along the way. I came back this time and am determined to do it. I've still got friends I made from the first time round and a lot of them are inactive but some are so close to their goals now, or are maintaining and doing great, and it hurts to know that could have been me. Add me! :smile:
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    OP you can do this, give and receive mutual support, log everything you eat and drink, move more and a digital food scale is a must. Good luck you really can get this done. Stick with it
  • rdevol
    Options
    My biggest stumbling blocks seem to be lack of time and lack of energy. I know that my lack of energy is partially because I'm not eating very well and I need to turn that around. I started working full time about nine months ago and feel like I have so little time between working, housework, taking my daughter to her activities, spending time with my husband and daughter, and taking care of my household. I know in my heart that meal planning and food prep are big keys to success, but I just can't seem to get my act together enough to do this. I just turned 50 a few months ago and was recently diagnosed with mild anemia, as well as high cholesterol. I need to get my act together before my health issues start to catch up with me! Any thoughts?
  • beelinx
    beelinx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! gained a lot of weight for my first pregnancy (over 5 years ago) and have been struggling since. Last April I decided enough was enough and have successfully lost 45 pounds. If I can do anyone can. Stay positive and focus and don't give up. Do what works for you! I set myself little goals of losing 10 pounds at a time instead of the whole 60. It's not so stressful and makes the bad days not seem so bad. Good luck!!!
  • rdevol
    Options
    Not a great weekend for me. Had a few drinks on Saturday. Didn't eat too badly, though. Feelin like crap with a nasty cold but trying to eat decently today. How are the rest of you doing this fine Monday?