It's only too late if you don't start now ...

Options
I have been logging my food and exercise using MyFitnessPal for going on three weeks. It really helps to build awareness of my choices, which empowers me to make better choices next time. Glad to have it as a tool -- expecially since it is so easy to use from my phone.

This is my first time on the message boards, and I'm charged up to see how easy it is to make connections here. I see a lot of us are sharing the same struggles, and it's great to hear about the victories.

My biggest issue is starting with great enthusiasm, then running out of steam after 6-8 weeks. I'm right at that six-week mark with my current effort, and am hoping to use the community here to find some buddies to help me push through and stick with it.

Replies

• Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! If you need a cheerleader...please feel free to add me! You can do it!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Feel free to add me! If you ever get discourage try to look at your progress so far! And post! Someone will definitely be there pushing you forward.
  • JFerg625
    JFerg625 Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree! I've been using MFP for three weeks now as well. I have to work on the exercise portion but have been really tracking what I eat and seeing where the calories go. I think this has been a major help for me! Good luck on your journey!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    add me !!! I am more than willing to cheer you on !
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I just joined this community too, and I hope that I can stick with it for at least as long as you have already. :) I particularly enjoy writing and reading about food, so if you need any inspiration in that area, or feel like sharing any of your own, let me know! I hope you're enjoying the summer!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    The more you're here (MFP), the longer you want to stay. This is a great place to get re-charged.

Feel free to friend me.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree.. its amazing how much we put in our mouth and until we document it we arent aware of how it adds up. At 6 weeks there are still soo many areas of this program you havent even touched on.. check out the blogs, and stay in touch on the board-- It all really helps.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The single best thing about this site is how easy it is to meet others that offer their support. It is fantastic!

Yes, I agree. I never really realized just what I was eating or how much until I started putting stuff in on here...
  • HoLynne
    HoLynne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The awareness factor is key! I have never been able to stick with any kind of weight loss until I found this site, and the app on my phone helps a lot! Just remember that everyday is a new day with no mistakes in it, yet. And we all have days that it seems impossible to stay on track but in the words of Dory.... Just keep swimming!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Someone asked me the other day how I've lost the weight so far...my response was, "Food Journaling".

He then said, "ahh, consciousness!"

I could not have said it better!