New and needing some clarifications :)

Options
Hello everyone! So I'm new to counting calories and I just need some help figuring out what all the numbers mean. Basically what does net calorie mean and remaining calories? I have two different numbers for each but I'm not sure what they mean.

Thank you !

Replies

• nickytab3
    nickytab3 Posts: 12
    Options
    net calories mean... wHat you ate basically the total calories of your foods daily and the o ther one calories remaning
    is just what you have still for the day for example
    from a 1400 calories... I have my total 1200 calories and a remaining of 200 Calories
    means that i can crave something because i have 200 left for the day.. a sandwich could be 200 calories!
  • monkeybusiness2806
    Options
    Great thanks! Also I heard/read that to lose weight I have to create a calorie deficit (right?). Which number should I look at for this or do i need to calculate it on my own, if so how do I do this? Sorry so many questions!
  • AJelinski
    AJelinski Posts: 36
    Options
    net calories mean... wHat you ate basically the total calories of your foods daily and the o ther one calories remaning
    is just what you have still for the day for example
    from a 1400 calories... I have my total 1200 calories and a remaining of 200 Calories
    means that i can crave something because i have 200 left for the day.. a sandwich could be 200 calories!

I do the same thing, but sometimes I find myself eating when I'm not really hungry but just because I have net calories left to eat.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Calories Eaten - Calories Burned (in exercise) = NET CALORIES

Remaining Calories are the calories you haven't eaten in the allotment from MFP. They build in a deficit so they hope you eat all your calories. You do not need to plan for the deficit if you are truly following MFP's plan.

Good luck.
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    So another crazy question...is it bad if I don't use all my calories or carbs? I've done the whole Atkins thing and know I need more protein than carbs for my body to be happy in general...Bus is it so bad if I don't eat all my calories and fat grams, especially if I'm not all "that" hungry...
  • GoddessCarlie
    Options
    So another crazy question...is it bad if I don't use all my calories or carbs? I've done the whole Atkins thing and know I need more protein than carbs for my body to be happy in general...Bus is it so bad if I don't eat all my calories and fat grams, especially if I'm not all "that" hungry...

This program automatically gives you a higher amount for carbs. If you are on a specific program and know how many grams of macronutients you are supposed to eat (such as more protein and less carbs) you can go into the settings and change the numbers to suit you.