KETO Frustration

Options
tamiamendez
tamiamendez Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hi Everyone

Ive been on the keto plan for about 5 days. I havent lost hardly any weight (.6lbs), and today I gained body fat! My TDEE is about 1800. Im eating roughly 1400 daily. Sometimes I go over and tap into my extra calories from exercise. I workout about 45 min average a day. What am I doing wrong? I need to shed about 80lbs. :(

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Patience?!? Or how accurate is your calorie tracking?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    how do you know you gained body fat today?
  • tamiamendez
    Options
    Im obsessed with MFP so my calories are farily accurate. I log everything, even vitamins.

I have a smart scale that calculates all types of percentages other than weight.

I'll give it 30 days and see what happens.

Thanks!
  • Chocolate221
    Chocolate221 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself everyday at the same time?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Im obsessed with MFP so my calories are farily accurate. I log everything, even vitamins.

I have a smart scale that calculates all types of percentages other than weight.

Thanks!

These types of scales are not accurate.......

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/healthy-eating/diet-weight-loss/article/body-fat-scales-step-right
  • tamiamendez
    Options
    Yep every morning at 7:30a. I think I will give the scale a break for a week and just focus on eating the right ratios.....
  • desireeshaffer16
    desireeshaffer16 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Water, potassium, magnesium and sodium are very important on Keto. If these aren't balanced I hold onto water. You can get the Keto strips to help see if your ketones are up yet. What are your macros?
  • MrsWeaver09
    MrsWeaver09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Lots of people overdo the dairy on Keto and and that can be insulinegenic and cause weight gain for some people. Also, what are your macros? Ideally, they should be set at 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carbs. Hope this helps.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    This is a marathon, not a sprint. Patience...
  • Dbarraza68
    Dbarraza68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Thanks!

If you are doing Keto don't worry about calories. Just make sure your macros are on point. I've been Keto almost a month only lost 6.4lbs but my body is losing inches. Be patient it will work.
  • KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am new to this too, but this is my experience so far. I am in my 2nd week and thankfully, I have been losing steadily. I have lost 8 lbs so far. I have my macros set to Fat 70% Protein 20% and Carbs 10%. I try to always keep my Net Carbs below 25 grams even though it's set to 10% because I do better the lower they are. I read a Keto Beginners Guide 101 that you should keep your Macros at ... Fat 70-75% Protein 15-20% and Carbs 5-10%. I only weigh myself every 5-7 days and I weigh at the same time... first thing in the morning.
  • tamiamendez
    Options
    Thank you guys!!!
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Keep with it. The first week I felt like someone ran over me with a truck and I had headaches for three days....plus I didnt lose anything! Week 2 I was firmly in ketosis and dropped 3 pounds. I feel better and have lost that awful bloated feeling and that brain fog has lifted. Dont lose patience :)
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You're on a diet that's what you're doing wrong.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This all sounds way too complicated for me. I would never last on some of these diets. :o