Plant-based Diet Buddies with Open Diaries

Options
I already have a lot of great, active friends on MFP, and I enjoy following and interacting with them every day. However, I don't have many who are trying to eat like I am, and I'd love to be able to see more of what folks like me are eating to reach their nutrient goals. I have recently cut out all meat and most dairy. I still have scrambled eggs and feta cheese sometimes, but my diet is at least 90% plant based. I am also trying to eat fewer processed foods, though that is a work in progress. I was vegan for a long time when I was younger and was happy enough with that, but I didn't really do it right at the time. I didn't really cook and just sort of lived on processed technically vegan food. I am already feeling a lot better cutting out most animal products (am lactose intolerant anyway) and might go full vegan again if I can round out my diet enough to do it right this time in terms of protein, iron, and calcium. Please add me if you're on a similar journey. I'd love to see how others doing the plant-based thing are getting along.

Replies

• Shayslimmer
    Shayslimmer Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm vegan and I'm also looking for more veggie friends! Add me! ❤❤❤
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shayslimmer! I just accepted your request!
  • powwlita
    powwlita Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hi! Plant based as well. Would love more p.b / vegan friends here.
  • Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi plant powered people! I am also vegan, added you both.
  • spencerclean1
    spencerclean1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too! Vegan and always looking for meal ideas...
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I will check to see if my food diary is open. I am like you, about 90% there. I do have chicken or fish around once a week.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Vegan. Not WFPB, but I do eat a lot of whole foods.
  • ssaarraahhhhjj
    ssaarraahhhhjj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi. I I'm vegan too. Adding all of you! Anyone else feel free to add me :smile:
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just set my diary open to friends only, so just friend me if you want.
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think I've added all of you so far! :)
  • violetta5345
    violetta5345 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. Vegan as well and I have an open diary. Feel free to add.
  • sofels
    sofels Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I have an open diary and definitely need vegan friends on here to inspire me I have been vegan for a while but I have a high body fat ratio and mfp is really helping me with my macronutrients realizing where I can get better but I feel like I lack accountability because I'm the only one I know who eats this way. It would be so helpful to have some mfp friends to help and get feedback from because I'm in my mid thirties now and all my vegan friends have quit over the years I have one vegan friend in New York and one in Florida so this is so great to have an online community.
  • rockinsocialworker
    Options
    I was vegan for some time and felt good but hour away from it. However I've decided to go vegan again. I've been watching videos, reading 'eat to live' and using pinterest to find meal ideas. May I join your group? I will check if my diary is open
  • aatm16
    aatm16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies would it be okay if I added you ! I am new to this and am looking for diaries to follow ! Thanks.
  • rawroy
    rawroy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Add me! My diary is always open! I'm also doing Plant Based Meal Prep and will post pictures!
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm vegan(:
  • Sassypattysassypatty
    Sassypattysassypatty Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    New to this site! Two days in and cannot believe how a simple lentil pasta primavera or beet arugula salad could add up to 500 calories each (next time, I do without 5 dried cranberries and 2 walnuts and save myself over 90 calories). My raw wraps are made with chia/flax seeds which adds fat and calories.
    My snack is frozen banana with adzuki bean "ice cream" at over 200 plus calories. Gotta eat those 2 Brazil nuts at 30 calories a piece. I am still learning to navigate here. Any suggestions on where to find healthful, meatless recipes?
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, and my diary is open. Feel free to add me :)
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, open diary, add away!