Hungryyyy

Options
I am soooo hungry and am trying not to eat anything right now. I know that I just worked out ( literally just finished my workout) so I can afford to eat back some calories, but I know that if I start eating, it will be just a disaster! GRR! I did so well today so I dont want to screw it up now. Anyone feeling the same way?

Replies

• rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water, then go brush your teeth....toothpaste usually kills any craving I had since it overwhelms the tastebuds....
  • Tdance5678
    Tdance5678 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I totally understand that . . . . lol. When I feel like that I drink something like Crystal Light, or tea. Something that has a little more flavor than just water. That will usually do the trick for me - and if not - I eat some yogurt, or nuts, and drink more.
  • amorn01
    amorn01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't really know what your situation is, so take this comment at face value if you don't like what I have to say. But, I don't think kicking your own *kitten* for wanting to eat something (unless it's like a whole chocolate cake or something) is going to be beneficial to your long term goals.
    After a workout, I usually have a protein shake (which tastes like vanilla cake...yum!). So that gets me by afterwards at a small 100 or so calories and like 25+g of protein.

But I digress, all this to say that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. ; )
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    what about a low carb/cal protein shake? Usually after I workout that helps.
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    almonds. they fill me up for hours and provide so much good stuff... They are always my afternoon or evening snack.

i like the cocoa baked almonds - feels like i am having peanut m & m's but is only 150 cals for 1 oz.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Reach for the berries or the organic celery and fat free philly!!..We keep grape toms and english cucumbers with lean turkey breast for high protein and fiber snacks!! I also love special K's protein water mixes for a hungry buster after a work out...fuel and fluid!!!
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    The sad part is I just finished dinner at 6 so I shouldnt be hungry but I think working out just made me burn off dinner :/
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    You should feel free to eat some protein after you work out. It is good for your muscle to do so!!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    It's hard to give much advice without being able to see what you are eating... but is it possible you are eating the wrong foods? Nutritious, healthy foods are often lower in calories and very filling, so you can eat more without sacrificing a bunch of calories. Plus, its a good idea to refuel after a workout. You need to fuel your body for it to perform properly :) Hope that helps.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    drink water

9 times out of ten if we experience hunger after exercise (and we are not starving ourselves) it usually means we are thirsty our body just gives us the same signal thats all.

If you are still hungry have a bowl of oats with berries this will ensure you are full right up till lunchtime.
    Oats just dont have to be a breakfast food I have it for lunch or even as an afternoon snack if Im feeling really ravenous. Oats are hungerpain destroyers I guarantee you will not feel hungry for hours after consuming and feel full. The great thing is a serve with berries and some milk is around 150 calories.
    My other weapon against hunger pains is homemade soups bung the ingredients into the slow cooker on the weekend portion up and freeze for the week. My favorite is curried roast pumpkin soup taste devine and fills you right up.
  • tammyll3
    tammyll3 Posts: 44
    Options
    I know the feeling. The best way I was able to deal with this was by eating something that was high in fiber. If I opted not to eat, I tended to make a poor choice. The fiber filled food is my go-to-food (like cereal, fiber one bars/brownies, thomas' english muffins with low sugar jelly) to help me through the situation. Hope your hunger goes away.
    Tammy
  • skibrina
    skibrina Posts: 36
    Options
    i hear ya. i sometimes will grab an apple, or like others have said glass of water. :)
  • nelsonmo
    nelsonmo Posts: 10
    Options
    wow thanks for that.( brushing my teeth) it wasnt meant for me, but i did it and it works!!!
    :laugh:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You should eat some good protein after a workout. Not eating will just undo what you have been trying to do.
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    drink water

9 times out of ten if we experience hunger after exercise (and we are not starving ourselves) it usually means we are thirsty our body just gives us the same signal thats all.

I agree with this. Our body sometimes mistakes hunger for thirst so I would try some water then see how you feel.
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    You should eat some good protein after a workout. Not eating will just undo what you have been trying to do.

I agree, and I usually do eat after I work out. I just try not to eat at night because it leads to snacking. Usually I dont have this problem because I workout in the mornings, but today I was lazy and waited until after dinner. At this point the hunger has subsided, but if it was any other time but the evening I would MOST certainly eat. :)
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    You should eat something after you work out... Your body needs to replenish what it lost. I like a piece of fruit or a glass of chocolate milk :)
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    I agree with the water too. That almost always works for me. You know, yoplait makes these whipped yogurts, that you can freeze...that's a pretty yummy protein filled snack and if I recall correctly pretty low in carbs too.