Please help me

Options
I am not sure about which number to believe. For instance if I do 30 mins of general aerobics as stated on mfp and really working up a sweat mfp says I burn 417 cals, but my hrm says I burn about 703 that is a huge difference and I do not want to overeat. my hrm is a pro-form with a chest strap. my user settings include my weight, heigh, age and sex and also medium workout levels. which do I beleive and does anyone else have this issue and what do u do?

Replies

• baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't have a monitor, but if I were you I would go with the conservative estimate just to be sure. Or try one week going with the bigger numbers and one week with the lower ones and see what happens with your weight. Good luck!
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you can check healthstatus.com, they have a calories burned calculator based on your weight. It will probably give you a third number. I would just average them and use that number. Just my opinion.
  • karenx30
    karenx30 Posts: 90
    Options
    I would go with what your HRM tracks because the one in the database was probably added from someone else's HRM for their body. The most accuarate reading would be from your's that is taylored for you. Thats what I would do :)
  • janah84
    janah84 Posts: 5
    Options
    I would go by your HRM.
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    703 calories for 30 minutes of aerobics seems pretty high to me. But I don't know enough about HRMs to say if it could be a malfunction.