Struggling need to get back on track

Options
I'm needing all the motivation I can get as I try and get back in track things have been crazy and I had to take a few days off but now I'm getting the feeling I need to get back at it my goal is to lose 80 pounds by the end of the year I know it can be done just need to stay focused and keep my mind off sweets and sodas. Please feel free to add me as a friend as I need all the help I can get now

Replies

• kelhea
    kelhea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try not having just one goal. Keep the 80lb loss as your long-term goal but then add in a few short-term goals. Working on a year to meet one goal will get frustrating after a few months and you'll loos focus. If you have several small goals throughout the year it'll be easier to stay on track. Whether it be no soda for just one week, being able to lift a certain amount of weight in 1 month, or trying a new exercise class this month. Also changing the goal up with keep your weight loss fun and not boring!
  • cuadrado12
    cuadrado12 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree with kelhea. I would set a 90-day goal as your long-term goal and then break that down into weekly goals. Instead of making your goal be a number on the scale, break things down about how you will get there. Some ideas would be making sure you are drinking enough fluids daily, eating XX servings of non-starchy vegetables, etc.
  • Missionmom17
    Missionmom17 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice