Any 50+ years young folks?

Options
Anyone out there trying to get healthy and are in the 50 year old range?

Replies

• donnadaniel7819
    donnadaniel7819 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes 52 started Crossfit in August 2016 and better nutrition, have lost 10 pounds with about 27 more to go!
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Waves :smiley:
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Just turned 50 in November. Mostly a weight lifter.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    55 here. Getting healthy again is my #1 focus right now.
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    56 and would like to lose 50 pounds by my next birthday.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • spgrey
    spgrey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    51. Increased my exercise. Cut out eating between meals. Lost 14 pounds in 4 weeks.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    GAAz17 wrote: »
    Anyone out there trying to get healthy and are in the 50 year old range?

See the thread in General Diet and Weight loss category titled "40+ Club: Where the Cool Kids are" Lots 50& folks posting there.
  • millzy64
    millzy64 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    53 this month. Lost 50 lbs using MFP about 3 years ago. Feeling great and keeping it off so the goal now is to stay healthy!
  • Awesomechic64
    Awesomechic64 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Almost 53 as my daughter would say. 37 pounds down 18 to go. Have recently started yoga and lifting since I can't do a lot of cardio with my bad joints.
  • kal900
    kal900 Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    51. 244lbs going on 150... eventually. Just started again after ill health.. been hard at it for 3 weeks.. lost 7lb so far since starting gym end of jan.. plenty to go but feeling positive. Knees and joints are smashed but gotta do it ;/
  • eileenbednarz
    eileenbednarz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    52 this month. Just started 12 days ago. I haven't weighed myself because in the past I want to see quicker results and with being over 50 the metabolism has definitely slowed down. Plan on weighing myself on March 1st and every first of the month thereafter. Keeping the faith and remaining positive!
  • teresakerekes1966
    teresakerekes1966 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone! 50 years old here. I used to work out avidly at 4am, 4x/week, ate all raw, really super healthy. Somehow over the last 2 years that all went to the wayside so now I am back! I started back to the gym this week again (going with my hubby and teenage son). Boy does it feel good! In one week I feel healthier already. I have used MFP off and on for awhile but haven't stuck to health/fitness like I used to. Hoping to get the old me back.
  • luangie16
    luangie16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in May so I guess this is my home!! Just started my new healthy lifestyle first week of January and down 10 pounds. I really wanted to be at a healthy weight by my 50th in May but I suppose half way there will do! Really want to learn to eat healthy for life and hope to come off of my BP meds. I would love to lose another 50 but I am taking it 10 pounds at a time. I can't walk to get stronger and back in control of my life!! Good luck to everyone! Can we start our own group? Seems like we could support each other in a great way!
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There's a possibility I could be 51 yet feel like 30! Need to lose 30lbs that's being stubborn. I welcome opportunity in becoming friends and supportive
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @GAAz17 Look for the thread 55-65 yr old women's success. VERY friendly women with lots of encouragement and advice.
    Am 58, have lost 70ish pounds and blame it all on MFP, CICO, and friends! Best of luck to you.