Hey

Options
I've been on this site for a while and have not felt the need to reach out until today. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the stress in my life has caused me to derail quite a bit and I'm not sure how to get back on track. I feel very angry with myself and I don't know how to proceed. Until recently (over 2 years), I worked out 6-7 days a week, I was in good shape, and ate well but now I seem to be self destructing and I cannot bring myself to go back to my routine. Would appreciate any guidance or suggestions.

Replies

• janah84
    janah84 Posts: 5
    Options
    Set a goal for yourself. eg: I want to loss x number of pounds in a month. Then hide the scale for that month. I did that and it gave me the extra push I needed to get refocused. While I didn't make my goal in that month I am still on track and the weight is still coming off.
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Set a goal for yourself. eg: I want to loss x number of pounds in a month. Then hide the scale for that month. I did that and it gave me the extra push I needed to get refocused. While I didn't make my goal in that month I am still on track and the weight is still coming off.

I agree! Set mini-goals for yourself so you're more focused on day to day rather than the big picture. This is what I do & it's helped me so far! Good luck! You can do it!
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. The good thing about exercise is the more you do, the better you feel, and the better you feel the more excited you get about exercising. Did you enjoy working out when you did it so regularly in the past? To me, being active seems to be kind of addicting. I'm sure you'll get back on track. Just be patient and take it one step at a time. Definitely set mini-goals for yourself as others suggested and start making healthy choices - drinking lots of water and getting back to the gym/track/whatever, watching your sodium, etc.

You can do it! ;)