help with tracking

Options
Hi, MFP Community
I am on my first round of p90X, and I have noticed none of the routines are in the Fitness section of the MFP website. Does anyone have any advice on tracking the calories burned from the program for accurate tracking?

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    dumb question....Does the P90X tell you how many calories burned per program? If so, you can manually add it to the cardiovascular section. If not, you might be able to google the calories burned, THEN manually add it. I hope that helps! :smile:
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Get a good heart rate monitor that displays calories burned and then create your own exercises in the "my exercises" tab.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    or that. :wink:
    Get a good heart rate monitor that displays calories burned and then create your own exercises in the "my exercises" tab.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options

This is what I did. P90X literature will tell you the burn is about 600 but I am nowhere near that. I have another friend on MFP who is a guy though and he's consistently several hundred calories OVER that number. HRM isn't perfect but it'll give you a much better ball park that P90X's arbitrary number that is probably only accurate for a very few and probably not for every exercise. :)
  • marcusj73
    marcusj73 Posts: 6
    Options
    It doesn't or maybe I'm too tired to here it at the end.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Yeah, get yourself a heart rate monitor and you can list your calories under "circuit training". That's where I usually enter the number when I can't find the right exercise.