Macdonald

Options
I'm intermittent fasting I consume 1300 calorie do you guys eat healthy track macros etc I've had 2 macdonald meals during the WK within my calories is this ok

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • arobey11
    arobey11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ok is an arbitrary idea, and really depends on your personal goals and health.

From a purely weight loss perspective, you ate McDonald's twice during the week but stayed within your calories, so if your tracking is accurate, this is fine. However, given the amount of sodium in most McDonald's food, you may see some bloating or retained water weight for a few days.
  • CaffeinatedRats
    CaffeinatedRats Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calorie goals, sure. My favorite thing to get there is a mcchicken with no mayo. It has a reasonable amount of calories and it's only a dollar.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    You can eat McDonald's if it fits your calories. I love Big Macs and eat them whenever I want and just try to fit them in my goal.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    You can eat McDonald's if it fits your calories. I love Big Macs and eat them whenever I want and just try to fit them in my goal.

the new mac jrs. are awesome add a small fry and im a happy girl.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    The Southwest Salad is surprisingly good... the grilled chicken's not bad but hold the mayo. And don't be afraid to order the Happy Meal as a full grown adult!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Egg McMuffin...French fries....mmmmmmm. Yes. It's fine
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »

the new mac jrs. are awesome add a small fry and im a happy girl.

I want to try the bigger one and for me a small fry would be disappointingly small lol.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

From a pure calories/weight loss perspective, yes. From a total nutrition/health standpoint need to be careful with certain things on the menu too often.

Someone intermittent fasting and only eating 1300 calories a day may be shortchanging nutrition depending on what they are getting from McDonalds.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    id pretty much eat any other place besides mcdonalds.

but if it fits your calories and macros, go for it lol
  • Anna_137
    Anna_137 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I had a McDonald's this week. It's was my third McDonald's of 2017. I wouldn't have one every day, because the burger/fries I like are quite high calorie for a low volume of food, bit it's nice for the occasional treat. If it fits into your calorie/macro goal and it doesn't lead you to overeat then I can't see a problem with it. :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    It's not the best quality food... but if you are within your calorie limit you will still lose weight.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of McDonalds and keep it all within my goal. Most of the time.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I haven't been for a while but the triple cheeseburger packs around 30 grams of protein for about 500 calories. Very filling for me.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I haven't been for a while but the triple cheeseburger packs around 30 grams of protein for about 500 calories. Very filling for me.

Hello fellow triple cheeseburger friend!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had the Grand Mac the other day.

846 calories and it fit into my calories for the day. It's basically a Big Mac, but with 2 third pound meat patties.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I had the Grand Mac the other day.

846 calories and it fit into my calories for the day. It's basically a Big Mac, but with 2 third pound meat patties.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I haven't tried it yet. Did you like it? I am a big Mac fan but I didn't like the Mac jr.