Any bariatric patient ( post or pre op)

Hi! I'll get my operation soon and would like to exchange about it with people :)

Replies

• hahaheathee
    hahaheathee Posts: 1 Member
    I am considering having it done soon as well
  • katherinegasse
    katherinegasse Posts: 5 Member
    Do you know Wich procedure you want to have??
  • sizzle2024
    sizzle2024 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I had sleeve done 20/10/16 any questions I'd be happy to help ☺
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    This is me I want a gastric operation 29 years yoyoing is really making me sad
  • katherinegasse
    sizzle2024 wrote: »
    Hi, I had sleeve done 20/10/16 any questions I'd be happy to help ☺

Can you give me a general feeling about the process is it more good or bad
  • katherinegasse
    size102b wrote: »
    This is me I want a gastric operation 29 years yoyoing is really making me sad

I've decided to do it after 10 years. I'm comfortable with my decision but just a little scared. Go for it if you think it can help you
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    I can offer an alternative perspective .... happy to discuss in long-form (add me as a friend / send me message that you wanna talk) my experience of the last 10 years (gastric band) and the lessons learned/realisations made....

In a nutshell i am more and more convinced that for many they're a false promise .... mine has failed physically so its causing me problems but i have the option of switching to sleeve which i was going to but i have now realised how much it would not help me in any way
  • BCullari
    BCullari Posts: 33 Member
    The doctors and nurses all tell me I am a very barbaric patient.

• jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    I wanted to let you know that there are a couple of groups on here of post-op people. You should join one of these groups as there are hundreds that support one another that are having questions about exercise and diet after surgery. I personally had the VSG-sleeve about a year and a half ago. While I am not at my goal yet, I know that the surgery has been helpful in getting things started on weight loss, has caused me to be more intentional in my food choices than EVER before, and yet I am not denied any foods. I am fortunate to be able to eat most foods that I choose but quantities are limited and frequency of choosing foods has become a part of my daily thinking. After the surgery (which was not as difficult as you may think) I am committed to working on myself in a way that I never had before. MFP and my Fitbit tracker have helped me to clearly see what I have been doing the past 50 years to myself and has set me on course to do better. Day by day I attack this. The surgery is NOT the end of the road but a beginning. Friend me if you want to hear more.