40 days in...

Options
Hi everyone!

So I'm trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and fitness levels. It's taken a loooong time for me to find the motivation to do this. Finally things are looking up! So far I've lost 20 pounds and am starting to notice a visible difference and beginning to feel better.

MFP is helping with this, but really I've taken a common sense approach cutting out sugar, having far less carbs, and also not consuming gluten and as little dairy as possible, which has made a difference for me personally.

I find though, I get rapid success then hit that so-called 'plateau'. What do you all do when you reach that point to get things moving again?

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,735 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :)
  • JacobNicolaus
    JacobNicolaus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am approaching a plateau as well, judging by the numbers (weight and fat % that is). I am switching up exercise routines every month (i.e. picking a different darebee program) - that usually helps break the small plateaus. For the larger ones - meals richer in nutrients and longer sleep seems to work great.

Advice elsewhere on the internet suggests that at some point progress will invariably stall - at that point it is best to focus on small gains, and expect no major changes at least for some time, while all parts of the body are skilling up to move forward again.
  • Elle__B
    Elle__B Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks @JacobNicolaus for your reply. I'm going to try to switch things up too. For me that means more HIIT, and increasing weight with strength training. I've not heard of darebee so will check that out.

At the moment I am taking lots of gym classes - I work better when an instructor is shouting at me, and also testing out different YouTube vids at home. Some HIIT videos I've enjoyed are from The Body Coach and HASFit.

Would love some extra sleep! And think I need to increase iron intake, so lots of dark green veggies. Yuck!- I mean Yum! :D