Hate the word Diet

Options
People, especially at work will chide me "for always being in a diet ". I hate that word. I'm just trying to live a healthier lifestyle and that involves reducing my girth. I was really uncomfortable last night at dinner. I was swelled like a balloon. I was off track this week and missed most of my before work walks. I just feel better when I eat healthier and nice more. I'm breaking free if the cubical in about 7 weeks when I retire but I'm not waiting until then. I am back on track as we speak.

Replies

• yvettekeaton
    yvettekeaton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your retirement! Keeping taking one step at a time...
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your retirement! In regards to the word "Diet" my husband said something to me a couple of weeks ago that made me think about it's context. Everyone is on a diet. A diet just constitutes the way in which someone eats during the course of their day. We tend to think of diet as in the restrictive sense. We should all try to change our thinking to think in the subset a and especially b below.

Definition of diet (Webster)
    a : food and drink regularly provided or consumed <a diet of fruits and vegetables> <a vegetarian diet>
    b : habitual nourishment <links between diet and disease>
    c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason <was put on a low-sodium diet>
    d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm on a healthy eating plan that will stay with me forever. The word diet implies that it is to lose weight thenyoucan revert to your previous eating habits. No no it's not like that. We are learning healthy life style changes, eating food we like so that we can continue with itfor life. Good luck on your journey