Favorite gym routines? New to the gym!

Options
I'm 23 years old, goal is to lose 50lbs. I'm just getting started and just got a gym membership, what routines have worked the best for you and that you have seen the best results from? Any tips and tricks?

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    If you have an Android phone I just downloaded a nice app called GymMentor. The app basically give you routines for your goals (i.e. if you want a lean body or want to gain muscle). The app also give you some nutritional tips. I just started some of the routines and seem to be working fine. Good luck.
  • aubxspice
    aubxspice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    If you have an Android phone I just downloaded a nice app called GymMentor. The app basically give you routines for your goals (i.e. if you want a lean body or want to gain muscle). The app also give you some nutritional tips. I just started some of the routines and seem to be working fine. Good luck.

Do you know if this is available for iPhone users?

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This particular app is not available for iPhone (at least my friend with an iPhone couldn't find it), but I'm sure that you can find a similar app for iPhone. YouTube also has some neat routines for beginners.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 years old, goal is to lose 50lbs. I'm just getting started and just got a gym membership, what routines have worked the best for you and that you have seen the best results from? Any tips and tricks?

Depends on which area you want to work on really. There are different routines for different parts of the body.
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    This particular app is not available for iPhone (at least my friend with an iPhone couldn't find it), but I'm sure that you can find a similar app for iPhone. YouTube also has some neat routines for beginners.

There is one called "Gefit". it has a good library of workouts and there is a customisation function in it. You can design your workot end to end. I think there are video guides for individual exercises.
  • wendypark811
    wendypark811 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Weights, leg machines, incline cross trainer. Hate bikes. Try a class I really enjoy doing them.

Try leg bum tums one day then cardio another then weights another.

Good luck
    Wendh
  • alyssag2011
    alyssag2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I suggest a following a good strength program as part of your routine.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I use BodySpace it is through bodybuilding.com, it's a free app. It has hundreds of programs. You find a plan you want to do and add it to your calendar on the app and then you just follow each day. It's that simple. If you do not know how to execute a move you click on the move and it gives instructions and if you still are not sure you click on it and there is a short step by step video. I love using it.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Get on a good lifting program! Maintianing muscle while losing weight will most likely make you more happy with your end aesthetic look.

Stronglifts 5x5 is a fantastic one.
  • alyssag2011
    Options
    Get on a good lifting program! Maintianing muscle while losing weight will most likely make you more happy with your end aesthetic look.

I like that idea!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options

Second for SL5x5
  • alyssag2011
    Options
    I'm looking into that!