Have massive amount to lose. Easier with friends!

Options
My motivation? Pictures of myself. Living a sedentary life is something I never imagined! I turned 40 and said what are you doing with your life! I have a precious grandson I want to see grow up and I want to be the young fun Gigi. I have a trip next year and can't imagine boarding an airplane like this. My oldest doesn't know it but she's getting engaged on Valentine's Day and again...I don't want to embarrass her or be mistaken for a beached whale at her wedding. And that's just the beginning!!! I will not fail. You want to join me on my journey?

Replies

• jasminefoster2k
    jasminefoster2k Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, super proud of your for sharing... your story melt my heart... I would like to be your accountability partner if you don't mind. I can only imagine what your going through... you are well on your way to success I know it because you overcame the hardest part which is making the decide to do something about your health. Good job im here to cheer you on!!!
  • Bettyboop37356
    Bettyboop37356 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, I would love to join you! My problem is I don't really know where to start. How do I find meals that are healthy for me and my family?
  • gpwalling
    gpwalling Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll join you too. This is not how I want to live out my retirement. This time next year I will be at my goal weight and fit enough to enjoy life.
  • living4031
    living4031 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I let my food diary be visible to friends and you will see my suppers are NOT healthy a lot and I'm still eating sweets. I am in no way a role model for healthy eAting YET but I plan to be. I quit soda, sugar, gluten cold turkey and ate all organic and "real" food a while back. I lost 35 pounds quickly and felt great but was overwhelmed and broke!!! I gave up slowly and returned to my vice....sweets then sure enough I began overeating again. I've decided I need to do this step by step...small goals nutritionally and weight loss and physically. So for now I'm drinking more water, monitoring my sugar intake, logging every bite that crosses my lips, staying in calorie goal and making myself sit less at home. Once that is habit...I will set some more goals. That's the plan for now. But bettyboop37356...Pinterest is great for healthy meal ideas. Eating well is good magazine so is cooking light. There are even healthy recipes on here. I have a cookbook my family loves called comfort food on a diet. Tastes great and "normal" but is healthier!