Excel Garcinia

Options
Has anyone EVER heard of Excel Garcinia and apple cider vinegar as a weight loss diet? I'm wondering if I should purchase the supplement because of the amount of positive feedback on Facebook.. Then again, Facebook ads aren't always reliable. So I'm wondering if it actually works or is it all a sham?

Replies

• Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Both of them are a complete waste of time and money, I'm afraid.

And the only way that drinking ACV would help me with weight loss is that it tastes so nasty that I lose my will to live, let alone eat. :s
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

And the only way that drinking ACV would help me with weight loss is that it tastes so nasty that I lose my will to live, let alone eat. :s

I am going to disagree with you on this. Eating a bunch of spinach salads with hot bacon dressing made with ACV can help with weight loss (and is very yummy) :D
  • divinehipster69
    divinehipster69 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've tried garcinia and it didn't do anything. I think they hurt my stomach a bit. Bought it at a store when I did try it though.. DO NOT order from the psychos who sell it online. They'll say it's a free trial and often refuse to give people their money back once the trial runs out and they automatically start charging. Sometimes the companies don't even have a working number to contact. In my old job I had to help people contact and resolve issues with BS companies like those. None of them ever claimed to lose either, just upset stomach. Some of that stuff ends up being $60-100 or more a month and the sad part is, cheap old green tea and a non-garbage diet work better than any magic pill. I'm not sure about the vinegar but I found this: http://www.self.com/story/apple-cider-vinegar-facts Good luck though!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I am going to disagree with you on this. Eating a bunch of spinach salads with hot bacon dressing made with ACV can help with weight loss (and is very yummy) :D

I'm talking about drinking it straight from the bottle. Whole 'nuther ballgame. ;)
  • earlnabby
    Options

I'm talking about drinking it straight from the bottle. Whole 'nuther ballgame. ;)

I know you are. Joke that fell flat.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

it wasn't a joke
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wondering if you take both Excel Garcinia and apple cider vinegar whether the benefits would add or if they would cancel one another out?
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Wondering if you take both Excel Garcinia and apple cider vinegar whether the benefits would add or if they would cancel one another out?

Depends on what benefits you're talking about.

I imagine they wouldn't do anything, separate or combined. If you want to lose weight you need to create a deficit. If you enjoy eating apple cider vinegar on a salad, i guess that would help you stay on track. That's about the only difference it would make.

Best to talk to a GP or even better, someone who studies nutrition. They might ask if you're a Dr.Oz fan first and tell you to cut back on the Oz to help your chances of realistic weight loss.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Then again, Facebook ads aren't always reliable.

Some days I think this will be what they carve on the tombstone of civilization.

To the point:
    There is an enormous industry around creating "positive" reviews for Facebook and Amazon. The wilder the claims of awesomeness, the more likely the reviews have been purchased or created out of whole cloth. One way to assess claims is by asking "if this really worked, would anyone still be fat?" Since apple cider vinegar has been around pretty much since we domesticated apples, and people have been touting it for not just decades but centuries, if it really "worked," everyone would be using it and its value would be clear.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Honestly if it worked most of us wouldn't be on MFP. Life would be a lot easier if we could just drink or eat one thing and it canceled out everything else we put into our mouths.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

it wasn't a joke

Yes it was a joke. I always make a similar joke about spinach salad with hot bacon dressing in ACV threads. Sometimes I get asked for my recipe, sometimes people laugh, and sometimes it falls flat like this time.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

it wasn't a joke

Yes it was a joke. I always make a similar joke about spinach salad with hot bacon dressing in ACV threads. Sometimes I get asked for my recipe, sometimes people laugh, and sometimes it falls flat like this time.

I got your joke! Haha
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Has anyone EVER heard of Excel Garcinia and apple cider vinegar as a weight loss diet? I'm wondering if I should purchase the supplement because of the amount of positive feedback on Facebook.. Then again, Facebook ads aren't always reliable. So I'm wondering if it actually works or is it all a sham?

Yes. Pure scam.

Of course you are getting positive feedback on Facebook, because those ads are set up to grab people who believe in that crap.

Save your money and eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Ha....... :D