Protein grams

Options
I seem to be having a problem with getting too much protein. Is that a concern. My calories are under as well as my fat , carbs and sugar. But usually my protein and fiber are high.
Is this a problem or not since my calories are under? I am drinking enough water so don't think I would have an issue with kidney stones.
thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Under, over, too much, too little? What numbers (protein, fat, carbs, calories) are you aiming for, and why? What's your height and weight? You you have a reason to track sugar?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to lose weight what matters is the calorie number. The macros (Protein, Carbs, Fat) can help in terms of satiation, but what helps a person feel full varies from person to person. Generally higher protein is helpful during weight loss to help preserve muscle mass. Just work at meeting your calorie goal, and trying to get the majority of your food from nutritionally rich sources.
  • N_G_H
    N_G_H Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem with the protein, I was always under ( by a quite a lot) with my protein RDI. I expect it's because I am vegetarian and don't have cheese or cows milk either. I've since rectified this with protein powder :)
    I am usually under on my calories, fat and sodium too but not worried about that.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    If you're otherwise healthy, there's no harm in getting more than your protein goal, within reason. The MFP default goal can even be a little on the low side for some people. Regardess, if you're under your calorie goal, you'll still lose weight.

After setting my macro goals thoughtfully, I've treated protein and fat goals as minimums, and let carbs vary to balance things out.