Need some motivation...

ozgale
ozgale Posts: 3
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I have been using this app for a while...but seem to have fallen off the horse so to speak. I need some motivation to keep track of what I am eating and be more focused. Any suggestions? :happy:

Replies

• timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Become part of the community, don't just use the tools, use the support network!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Yep, get you a friend base and on your profile, and keep up with your profile. They will help you along. You didn't gain all of your weight alone, and you sure cant lose it alone. Feel free to add me if you wish. I always check everyday if everyone has logged on. If not I shoot them a message of encouragment.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    defiitely start following the message boards...whenever i'm feeling a bit 'needy' and need motivation, I come here and am immediately reminded of all of the WONDERFUl things I have and why I want to be healthier!!
    Good luck..you are worth it! :D
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 583 Member
    open up your food diary and add a load of random friends, like me!
  • Read this post from yesterday! He doesn't call it falling off the horse though, it's falling off the wagon ;)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/286716-excuses-telling-it-like-it-is
  • Eplizzitiz
    Eplizzitiz Posts: 40 Member
    I'm in the same boat!

Friend me and we can help each other through this!
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    I notice that a lot of people here give themselves mini-goals and rewards for each. For example:

mini-goal #1: lose 10 lbs by August- pedi/manicure
    mini-goal #2: lose 10 more pounds by Halloween- sexy costume!

Instead of looking at the big picture, try breaking it down into something "easily" attainable, then work from there. Find what works best for you but keep in mind that it's YOUR body. It's your life. You only have one and you're worth fighting for. You deserve to look and feel good. So get on it!!
  • ozgale
    ozgale Posts: 3
    Thank you to you all for your encouragement. I appreciate it all. I need to focus and I also like the idea of mini goals. That should boost me along.
  • djkatz31
    djkatz31 Posts: 1
    Can you help me post? I seem to be lost as how to post my own message?
This discussion has been closed.