Weekend snacking help.

Options
So weekends are never nice to me. The husbands home, friends are over, and everyone wants Popeyes, Taco bell, Pizza, etc etc. Now, I have my diary open and as you can see I still keep myself in check with everything and track. But does anyone have any advice on curbing these cravings and keeping themselves in check? My biggest issue with my weight is how much I eat, and I have a LOT of food cravings.

Replies

• ajoseph5
    ajoseph5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Grab an apple which will fill you up. Drink water to test if it's really a craving or dehydration. I use to have the same problem but not anymore. Most important, stay busy
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, and I recently decided to do something about it and change things up a bit. I want to average 1500 cal/day, so for the past two weeks I've set my calorie goal to 1200 Mon-Wed, and 1500 on Thurs, leaving me 1800 for Fri-Sun. I've also begun prelogging my food the day before.

These two changes have really helped me so far. Last week I did awesome, even on the weekend, Super Bowl and all. This week's been a bit tougher with PMS, but considering that, I've done pretty well.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Weekends are so so hard, kids are home all day, we aren't in a routine as much as we are during the week. ITS HARD!!
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    what works for me (sometimes) is planning my weekend meals and preparing them ahead. sometimes i'll give in to temptation, but i can usually stop at one slice.
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Keep healthy snacks around that you enjoy or don't feel guilty having on the weekends. For me, I really like quest protein bars- some of the flavors are so good or popcorn (keeps me away from the chips)- I think it's easier not to give into temptation if you keep easy snacks around that you enjoy. It helps me feel like I'm not missing out.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is a big help! Apple, carrots, almonds, string cheese, Greek yogurt, sometimes just water or Lipton fruit green tea will satisfy me.

I struggle with this too, everyone is at home and we love to eat out/snack. You have to cheat or you'll never be happy, just don't go overboard and eat well the rest of the day.
  • zheeduh
    zheeduh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Prepare some healthy meals before the weekend. When everyone else wants to eat pizza, just eat whatever healthy food you made / bought.
  • HS2234
    HS2234 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find weekends hard too. The family all want to go out and it's difficult to sit and watch while they eat things I shouldn't and even harder to tell them they can't have it because of me. I just make sure that I plan out what we are doing and account for it during the week and exercise extra.

Today I promised my daughter she could have Wendy's for lunch. I knew it was coming so I hit the gym and dreamed of chicken nuggets first thing this morning.

I ate more than I'm happy with but it still fit into my day.

Work is a lot easier because I've only got what I take with me. Yogurt for breakfast, fruit for snack etc. I work at a desk and the furthest I go is the printer 3 steps away so I am always conscious that I need to exercise if I want to stand a chance of getting these lbs off.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I just make the pizza/wine/ice cream what ever fit my calorie goals.
    Save a hundred or so calories from the week days to use at weekends.
    I was out Friday with a friend, we ate a whole pizza and drank wine/vodka etc. I had a drink last night with my husband but over the week I've kept within my calorie goal.

For it to be a life long change you have to be able to do the things you enjoy. I think that was my first pizza in months= Zero regrets.
    Although I maybe regret not eating pizza more :p
  • lynnie4
    lynnie4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I make batches of soup seems to feel me up