Fell off the bloody wagon grrr

Options
NJJforCass
NJJforCass Posts: 17 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Had some awful news about my horse on friday - 6 months box rest and she may never be sound again. Shes only 8.

Ended up drinking half a bottle gin and having a burger king XL bacon double cheesburger meal, then later on with the munchies, a rustler cheesburger and two packs mccoy chicken crisps

Replies

• NJJforCass
    Options
    Thanks xx. I'm hoping my head will allow me to get to gym - it's killing me lol.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That sucks. A huge lot. But getting off track isn't going to make you feel better in the long run. Get to the gym, it might clear your head a bit.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I spent half the day eating cake! Yesterday I stayed within my calorie limit, but I didn't eat anything but cake until the evening! Life goes on. I just say tomorrow is a brand new day. I've messed up more times than I can count! You can get through it. You don't have to always eat perfect.
  • Mad_Goose
    Mad_Goose Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your horse. I used to work with racehorses and it's heart breaking to see them get hurt. I would just get back on it as soon as you can. Life somtimes throws these challenges at you. I have fallen off the wagon this weekend. I have been really unwell. I haven't been well enough to exersise and I have gone over my callories a bit. I will just have to get better and get back on it when I'm ready. I'm sure When your ready you will get back into it.
  • NJJforCass
    Options
    Well, just back from the gym and did a fair bit, so all is not lost....this is a great place for support - thank you all x
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    As a fellow equestrian my heart seriously aches for you, that is some rough news to hear and I hope she is sound again in the future.

As a fellow human I understand your struggle but not working out and eating that way is only going to make you feel worse in the long run. So try your hardest to pull yourself out of that spiral and into the gym.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I feel your pain with this. My horse was in his early 20's when he damaged both front tendons and was on box rest for months. I followed the vet's instructions to the letter and he emerged sound again. I kept thinking "if Aldaniti can do it, so can my boy".
    Your girl is only 8, try and stay positive for her too.

Keeping going with your weight loss and fitness, it will give you a distraction from the stables at the moment and will help to make you a lighter, stronger rider for *when* she is sound again. It is a win, win situation.

I wish you and your mare every success in the challenges you face.
  • sarah4284
    sarah4284 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your horse, mine was on 3 months stall rest for a fracture, still not fully healed going on 10months but she is pasture sound and happy . Hope she adjusts well to stall rest, for my girl she just got used to it.
    For the calories, it does happen. All you can do is log it and move on, you can't take it back, can't change it, just forgive yourself and move forward.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Invest in a seat belt and a helmet. Life's a bumpy ride anyway, and trying to unfuck your diet starts dropping *kitten* out of the trees too.
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Is that your horse in your profile pic? Beautiful! So sorry about the news. I am a fellow equestrian and one of my horses had a 6 month layoff in the stall. Vet said he'd never be sound enough to ride again but he healed just fine. I put a goat in his stall with him to keep him company :)

Regarding the binge as others have said we've all been there and it won't effect the big picture. Just keep moving forward even if you had 3,500 extra calories that's only 1 lb. You got this.

Feel free to add me - I'd love a horsey friend :)
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You got this! Pick yourself up off the floor and remember what you're here for!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your horse and I hope that with time and rest he recovers.

You know I don't think you fell off the wagon at all. I think you responded to some awful news in a way that helped you cope.

For me, in the past, news like this would probably result in me getting a bottle of wine (or 2) and shutting myself in the house. I tend to not eat under stress. These coping strategies may not be the best for our bodies and maybe there is room for improvement for health's sake but those thoughts are best left for a time where you can think straight.

I am sorry the gin has resulted in a miserable hangover and maybe the burgers aren't sitting too well either but truly cut yourself some slack.

Wishing you all the best.

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It's no biggie, honestly, just keep logging. Don't expect perfection. Some days will be up, some days will be down. Persistence is what counts.