Low calorie male....

Options
Friend of mine is saying hes eating 800-1000 calories a day, At the gym every day and is going for "lean and muscular" Hes down 22 pounds from like 180, Hes short but hes still a man.

He wouldnt listen to me, And maybe im not capable of wording it properly, But i told him he cant gain muscle at 800-1000 calories and that thats stupidly low and he will likely regain it all and have no muscle left...

Anyone know how to word it right? Ill be showing him whatever answers we get here.

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    What you said sounds about as clear as you can make it. I don't know, sometimes people just don't want to hear.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a know it all i tried to go through everything from your hearts a muscle to if you dont care about your muscles your body doesnt care what it eats....To just straight up skinny fat....To itl destroy your bodies calorie burning musclelong term and youll be stuck eating low forever or gain it all back and then some....He just doesnt think im right -.- Hes eatign below what a bedridden tiny frail old female should be eating
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    yup. And he's training his body to survive on the least amount of food possible too which is great for making maintenance a success story... NOT.
  • Alpine021
    Alpine021 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If he's consuming that few calories he'll be losing fat and also muscle. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to function so it will take energy from wherever it can including muscle.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    If he's running a proper PSMF protocol (his calories and activities sound right for that) he'll be fine. If he's not, well yeah, it's not gonna go well for him. See if you can find out more specific details on exactly what he is consuming.