I Never Knew I Had It In Me

Options
I honestly never thought I would lose the weight that I have and honestly, before my boyfriend, I never really thought about my weight. As I watched him work out constantly, it had me thinking about myself and where I was in my life. I never did anything when I was home. My day consisted of working, going to school, coming home and laying down. Eventually I became depressed and figured that's all my life was ever going to be. Later on, after I was lucky enough to meet my boyfriend, I was shown another world that I have grown to love. I still fight with my depression and lack of confidence, but I am so much better than where I was. I am finally proud of myself and everything I have accomplished. I start my nursing classes this Fall and I am going to look healthy and fit as I do it. This was the hardest journey I have ever had to take, but it was more than worth it. I went from 230, maybe a little more since I hid from scales, to 170 today and I'm not stopping. This isn't a New Years Resolution that I'm going to break, this is a lifestyle change that I have decided to make. Anyone else work out with their S.O. or best friend? I swear, if it wasn't for him pushing and motivating me, I probably wouldn't be here.

Replies

• vnsabrwn9
    vnsabrwn9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look Great! Good luck on your nursing classes. You will be a good example of health and wellness.
  • SalvationMountain41
    Options
    Great work! Your look fantastic, but more importantly you feel fantastic. Cheers to your continued success!
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So glad you have made such a positive change. And it's great that your boyfriend is motivating and supporting you, however I hope you will be able to continue doing it for yourself because YOU are worth it. Good Luck
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and look so healthy. Congratulations!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I work out with my husband of 25 years and feel so lucky to have him as a gym buddy...he doesn't need to lose weight but would prefer to eat healthy and be active. I do often get annoyed when he pushes me to hike or go for a walk but ultimately I am very thankful for him as my life partner! He is a great example for me.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success - you look amazing!! Thanks for sharing-very motivating!! :)
  • miranda72089
    miranda72089 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!