Weekends

Options
rachelleosborne80
rachelleosborne80 Posts: 15 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
How do you handle weekends?? Im struggling to stay on track on the weekends. Im staying near my calorie goal, but it's super tough when my husband is around
Tips???
Also, be my friend??? :)

Replies

• Alpine021
    Alpine021 Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If it wasn't for weekends I'd be exactly where I want to be :)
  • Alpine021
    Alpine021 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    To be honest though I just do more mid week (work out more and eat well) and also try and get some exercise in at the weekends then it's not so bad.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I keep calories back on week days to use at weekends.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I do 5:2 and have maintenance calories for then.

Currently down to one fast day. I plan on continuing the day into maintenance and saving the extra calories for eating outside ;)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I bank calories on the weekdays and have a maintenance day, or surplus day on the weekend. The thing is, you need to log it pretty carefully.
  • aldavid18
    aldavid18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I mind what I eat, but eat what I want. It's the weekend and I have always had spare calories built up from the week. Plus doing chores around the house burns up a good portion of what/if I go over. Plus I usually go for extended walks, 30-45 minutes above normal times, with my dogs in the forest. As long as you don't blow yourself out of the water calorie wise, enjoy the weekend and don't sweat it.
  • clags301
    clags301 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I keep calories back on week days to use at weekends.

Same. Eat at extra deficit 5 days per week and bank the calories for great food and wine on weekend. I don't waste them on fast food and junk, but I don't like that stuff, so no big deal.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I walk more during the week and save calories so if i want to drink on the weekend i can. If the problem, Like i had, was so much free time and reaching for food, I started procrastinating.

I eat as late into the day as possible. Start my first meal with something small like a piece of lean kolbassa for 60 calories and alot of protein, And then i wait 1 more hour for my first meal. By the time i procrastinate I 1. Havent struggled to much because i dont get hungry really until i start eating on any given day and 2. Have basically all my calorie left for 3pm-sleep. Really helped me i do this daily but it started on weekends. Because if i ate how i used to id be out of calories and only have like 300-500 left by night time. Hardly allows for any wiggle room in calories for changes of plans :p
  • sarahrusse_
    sarahrusse_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can have a little extra for a treat but just do something active. Go for a hike or a swim or something :)